Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cerf Results

I was wondering what "TESTED: 11" for cerf results means as I've never seen it on ofa until yesterday.
TIA
Drew

Re: Cerf Results

It means that the dog was tested in the year 2011. If it has a CERF #, then it has been tested clear.

And I doubt Optigen would list it if it wasn't a pass since it's not their test. But you should be able to find the dog no problem on the CERF database to double check.

Here is a handy link to verify CERF information. Too many people list their dogs as being CERF clear when the dog has no CERF information. Being examined by an ACVO vet is NOT being CERF clear.
http://sunnycrest.vmdb.org/CERFVerify/

The only difference between AVCO clear and CERF clear is about a $20 fee per year!

Being examined my a ACVO IS THE SAME AS A CLEAR CERF !
The only difference is the $20 fee to CERF, THAT IS IT ! So all of you internet researchers NEED TO CALL THE BREEDER , if you want info ! MOST OF US HAVE NOT BOUGHT INTO THE RIDICULOUS POSTING FEES FOR ALL OF THESE CLEARANCES.

A repeat Cerf is only $8.50. Not $20. It does make us have to do extra work on a stud dog if you don't send it in to Cerf. I understand not doing the girls if you so wish. I do my girls if going to be bred. Just part of their up keep and keeping everything right out in the open for all to see. Everyone will do what they like.

Where do you get a repeat CERF for $8.50? I pay the same everytime, usually a CERF clinic at a show is $30. Tell me more about getting that done please. I took my bitch in prior to a breeding, to the actual clinic, to a tune of $145! I should call them and see how much to do her this year.

they are talking about sending the ACVO slip into CERF to register it w/CERF; not the ACVO exam itself.

oh, got it.

Highroller
Where do you get a repeat CERF for $8.50? I pay the same everytime, usually a CERF clinic at a show is $30. Tell me more about getting that done please. I took my bitch in prior to a breeding, to the actual clinic, to a tune of $145! I should call them and see how much to do her this year.

Call the actual clinic and see if they have a CERF multiple dog rate. Our clinic charges $150 for a regular office call, but $75 for CERF. The $75 is for one, two or three dogs. So $25 each if you take three in, and $75 if you just take one in. If you don't ask, they won't tell you about the 3 fer 1 deal!

Merely being examined by an ACVO vet is not the same as being certified clear by CERF and having a number. I spoke with CERF and they verified this after I sent in an exam sheet to CERF which was filled out by an ACVO vet who "cleared" my dog. However, one of the notations made CERF deny a clearance.

When in any doubt about when you see the words "CERF clear" verify with CERF or look for the OFA listing which includes the CERF number.

CERF is a database for collecting results and that is it. They simply enter the info that your DACVO put on the exam form and issue a certificate. If your ACVO marked something on your form then your dog was not clear.

lesson learned
Merely being examined by an ACVO vet is not the same as being certified clear by CERF and having a number. I spoke with CERF and they verified this after I sent in an exam sheet to CERF which was filled out by an ACVO vet who "cleared" my dog. However, one of the notations made CERF deny a clearance.

When in any doubt about when you see the words "CERF clear" verify with CERF or look for the OFA listing which includes the CERF number.

Likewise, there are issues that are "Breeder Option" that CERF may still clear, I myself prefer to see the actual form the Ophthalmologist filled out.

CERF is nothing but a record keeping facility. We don't submit to CERF any more. We put the sheet the doc fills out on each of our stud dogs web page. I don'tknow what this is all about that everyone seems to do all sorts of investigating. All you have to do is call the stud dog owner. Actually CERF charges the vet for the forms to be filled out. So they get money from selling the forms to the Optalmologist and from you when you submit the form.. All they do is keep a record.