Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cleaning soft sided crate

Help - I need to wash my soft sided crate. A couple of stains on the inside and outside bottom and just general grime.

I just know someone out there has a really nifty trick to do this the easy way.

Thanks

Re: Cleaning soft sided crate

I spray any stains with Nature's Miracle, then just wash with a diluted laundry detergent and rinse well with the hose. I normally do this on a nice sunny day and leave it set up in the sun on my deck until completely dry.

We take ours apart and take them to the car wash. Hang them on the car mat hangers. Use the high pressure soap and then a good rinse. Comes out looking brand new and smells great!

Re: Re: Cleaning soft sided crate

Depending on what kind of soft crate you have I just too mind apart and threw it in the washing machine, let it air dry and it was good as new :}
I have a It's a Breeze too crate.
Aloha,
Jackie

I have teh Noz2Noz brand. The entire crate comes off the frame and can be put in the washing machine.

Ron

We have a few of the PetNation soft crates and a couple of the Noz-2-Noz crates. The covers on all will slip right off of the frames (you have to take them off when the crate is partly folded), allowing you to just throw them in the washing machine.

I put the still-wet covers back on the frames after being washed and let them air dry on a fully-assembled crate frame (as if you'd be putting a dog in them). You can always throw some color-safe bleach into the wash, too, if you're really worried about any germs. Every time I use these soft crates, I think whoever came up with the idea on these deserves a medal!

Thanks everyone. I took mine apart today. It really is to big for my old washing machine, but it is managable in my raised doggie bathtub.

Everything nice and clean once again.