Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff

Over this weekend, my boy Bluff got to back to back Group 1's and aBEST IN SHOW. Bluff is Bred and owned by Donna Reece and is Co-Owned by Stephen Wu Toptail Labradors.

Bluff is professioal shown by Erin Hall. Thank you Erin!!!!!

We love you BLUFF!!!!!!!

Re: Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment.

Congratulations Donna, Stephan & Erin
I love big labbie wins

COngratulations!! Love to see the labradors in the BIS ring.

Re: Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff BEST IN SHOW!!!!!

Donna & Stephen

OMG!!!!! I am so excited for the both of you. I have seen Bluff numerous times and he is one spectacular lab.
Way to go Erin for taking him all the way!!!!!

Re: Re: Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff BEST IN SHOW!!!!!

Very Impressive! Congratulations......

Congrats to all involved. How exciting for you Donna!!!!!

Re: Re: Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff

Big Congrats to the team !!

Re: Re: Re: Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff

A Master Hunter and now a new Champion in the same month. Yahoo ! Wonderful !

what a weekend. Congratulations to the entire group and Bluff.

Congrats! What a thrill! What show was it?

Congratulations Donna and Erin. WOW Best In Show.

I was at the show this weekend although we did not stay for groups. It was an outside show and very hot.
I have seen Bluff show several times and he is a beautiful boy. He is a very happy boy that moves like a dream.

Again Congrats,
Dayna

Congratulations on the big win!!! It is so nice to see Labradors recognized with Best in Shows and Bluff is a lovely dog!

Very nice boy -- I searched the OFA database and found his hips, did you have elbows done on him? They're not listed.

I bet she has an e-mail to ask her personal things.

"Personal Things"? What's that supposed to mean. I thought he was a nice boy and looked up his clearances and elbows weren't listed. A post was made that he finished and I was looking for his clearances. Geesh.

Wow! Congratulations, and NICE JOB Erin!

Congratulations, but I really hope before spending so much money to finish him that someone of your caliber had elbows tested along with hips. He's NOT in the database for elbows. Thanks Results for the heads up.

That's really a sin if you're campaigning a boy that you didn't do elbows or he didn't pass elbows. Shame on the oldies.

You last two posters are really showing your lack of knowledge and experience. A dog doesn't have to have passed clearances or even have had clearances done, to not only show, but to be SUCCESSFUL at it. Are you really of the belief that a dog must have clearances to be shown? What about puppy classes????

A dog is the sum total of it's parts, type, and attitude, and temperament. If every dog was dumped for a flaw, there'd be no Labradors left to show or breed -- the perfect one hasn't been born yet!

Sheesh, give your heads a shake!

Re: Re: Re: Ch. Ridgeview Call my Bluff

Finally the last post is in print, if you want perfection , COLLECT CHINA !!!

Re: Re: What a shame

What a shame that newbie and bdr get on here and try to cut down a nice dog. Lauri needs to do some blocking. You guys are awful.

Clearances and tests are guidelines and information. They are not a black and white "throw the dog out" verdict.

The big picture must always be the main concern.X rays are subjective, can have glitches and dings that will never bother the dog, but cause x rays not to pass.

A breeder has to know his dogs and lines, the functional soundness of his dogs.

A dog sound enough to be a MH and a Show CH more than likely is very functionally sound, and isn't that what we want.There are many dogs that are lame and nothing can be found on x rays, does that make it ok?

Breeders have to do what they are comfortable with. Criticizing other breeders on the way they do things is mean and pointless. You need to have allot more information than a missing OFA post to determine the real quality of a dog.

Ch MH is something many of us dream of and very few achieve.

Way to go Donna!

Just a correction - Bluff doesn't have his MH - that was another dog that Donna bred that attained his MH recently.

Donna has years of dedication to this breed, I am apalled by these posts of negative conotation.
Her website speaks volumes, both field and ring work has seen great success !

How wonderful!! Congratulations!!

what is wrong with you people!!??

Congratulations Donna!! That is wonderful!!

"The big picture must always be the main concern.X rays are subjective, can have glitches and dings that will never bother the dog, but cause x rays not to pass."

BINGO!! We have a dog who just finished his CH and did not pass an elbow for that exact reason -- there is what they are calling an "artifact"** on the OUTSIDE of the joint. No one can explain what it is, we have repeated x-rays (digital) and there are no signs of arthritis but they won't pass that elbow because of the "artifact" so that elbow is rated grade I. We are not pushing anyone to breed to him but are enjoying showing him and training him for field work. As far as I know we have not commited any crimes in doing this. We are more than willing to show the x-rays to anyone and/or their vet and are not trying to hide anything.
Sibs, parents, grandparents and great grandparents all cleared on elbows. Offspring are 18 months old so awaiting their results which will help in future decision making about him.

**This is the definition of "artifact":
An Artifact is any distortion or error in the image that is unrelated to the subject being studied.
In basic terms, an "artifact" on a diagnostic x-ray image is an area of the image that may look different from expected, although it is not necessarily something dealing with what is being imaged.