Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CLUB LETTERS OF SUPPORT NEEDED FOR TVD! (especially from the LRC)

I wrote the AKC Canine Health Foundation this morning. asking them to support TVD.

Dr. Christine Haakenson wrote back and said that Dr. Paula Henthorn and Dr. Sleeper have submitted a pre-proposal to study the molecular basis of TVD in their 2008-2009 grant cycle. During the next month they will be reviewing all of the pre-proposals that have been submitted and then invite a subset of the investigators to submit full applications. The applications will be peer reviewed and funding decisions will be made on September 10, 2008.

I asked if writing letters would help support this proposal and she said that they can’t take letters of support for the grant proposal from individuals but they can from clubs. (They just do not have the capacity to keep track of a large number of support letters from individuals.)

The grant proposal does have a letter of support for the National Labrador Retriever Club but she said they do not have one from the AKC Parent Club, The Labrador Retriever Club, Inc., which could be beneficial.

I am going to ask my own club to write a letter supporting this.

I certainly think funding for this research is a worthy cause.

Contact info below:

Christine Haakenson, PhD
Director of Research Program Development
AKC Canine Health Foundation

Office: 919.334.4020
Toll-Free: 888.682.9696
Email: clh@akcchf.org