Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Natural weed killer?

Also was wondering if there is a weed killer I can use that would be safe around the dogs?

Thanks

Re: Natural weed killer?

Vinegar. You can spray it on and watch the weed die. However, it will kill the grasses along with the weeds, so use with caution. But it is safe for dogs, and kids, and the environment too.

How many weeds are you looking at? A kettle full of boiling water is great for poison ivy & small patches. Lots of weeds is another story.

Oh a weed here and there in the dog yard. Mostly gravel but weeds like to come up along the fence also. I've asked the boys to pee on them. :)

Michelle, check the organic weed killer post below for more ideas/info.

Natural weed killer is a best & a safe option. I think you should go for only natural weed killer. It would also safe for your dog....

www.tpknotweed.com

I agree with above poster.....vinegar !! I buy the cheapest one gallon containers of vinegar....my husband puts it in his garden sprayer and sprays all of the weeds between my pavers and cracks in sidewalk. Everything dies overnight....it works great and is safe for everyone.....it is cheap and easy.

I use vinegar too. Buy in in bulk at Costco and use a sprayer to administer. Somethings you may need to hit a few times, but works wonderful.

Boiling water can't be beat. I have a nice brick patio. When I cook pasta or anything else in water, I take my strainer out to the patio and pour the boiling water over any little weeds that start to come up. It could not be easier and my patio looks great.