Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supported entry at Carroll County Kennel Club

What wonderful weekend it was. The weather could not have been any nicer. The grounds just right.
I wish I could have spent all my time at ringside but the show chair must be out and about to make sure the rings are all running as smoothly as the lab ring. Thanks to Beth Volle for offering her services in helping out club member and fellow lab breeder Timm Fitts.
A special thank you is extended to Pawcatuk River Labrador Retriever Club for not only supporting one but two days this year. We hope they join us again next year.

Many of you ask why we do not post our results on InfoDog. Really it is a financial one. MB-F charges us over $7000 ( yes 3 zeros) to do our "paper portion of our shows: premium list, judging program, listing on our club site, taking entries, etc-- they do NOTHING on site. To post the results we would need to send an additional 50 cents per dog. This year that is almost an additional $100-- but where does that money come from-- your entries. The MB-F fee in general went up, the AKC fees went up and you really don't want to know judges' expenses and fees so that comes out of the entries you all pay. We want to continue to keep your costs down and give you a break on puppies and bred-by-- so a trade off. Now in 1 month when the show is closed at AKC, results are posted. You have to remember that MB-F results are not finals- wins are disallowed, etc. If someone coming to the shows would be willing to mark a catalog and then post unofficial results, that would be great but for now the club feels it cannot saddle the exhibitor with an increase in fees.

Again thank you one and all for coming.

We are planning for next year and I would like to receive PRIVATELY names for possible judges-- this is not a forum item. Maybe you know someone who will shortly be published as provisional or someone who might like to do a small but power house filled show with a supported entry-- send me names.