Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kudos to David Sombach Photography

I would like to say after reviewing the proofs tonight from the National and "No Bells No Whistles" specialities.. that I am VERY happy with how the photos turned out.

And with that, I would like to give a huge kudos to Mr Sombach, and to the team who brought him in as a photographer. He was very easy to work with, even though he was certainly busy for a while there, and the quality in his work is outstanding. This certainly beats any photographer that we have used in Canada so far.

I hope everyone else who had pictures done, were just as happy!

..Jan

Re: Kudos to David Sombach Photography

Went on his web site and can't find the photos. Do you have a link for them?

As far as I know they are not available online.

When I talked to him at the show his process usually includes mailing out the photos and if you are not happy with them you are more than welcome to mail them back without charge. And so I took the initiative and emailed him after the show and asked for email proofs. He ended up mailing the photos that he thought were the best, because I never returned his mail due to travel, and he actually chose well.

Today he mentioned that hes still working on gathering some addresses for some of the photos, so if you havent heard anything, email him and ask

His email: davidsombachphoto@gmail.com

I did send him 2 emails and a phone call and still no response. I'm still waiting.

received mine on the 9th. They look comparable to other photos I have received from other shows. I would have preferred to have picked my photos since I have three that I will purchase.
I would have preferred an e-version, rather than having to ask.

If you are not satisifed with the photos, then notify David and he will take them back free of cost.

I got my photo today and am happy with it. What I don't like is that he sent two copies and then I have to pay double when I didn't request two copies. My bitch is not co-owned and I don't need two photos but the cost is $30 for one, $40 for two and it will cost me a couple of bucks to send one back thus I really only save $8. Kind of a dirty trick......I guess my mom and dad are getting a photo of Jazz and I for Christmas.......

Deb H.
I got my photo today and am happy with it. What I don't like is that he sent two copies and then I have to pay double when I didn't request two copies. My bitch is not co-owned and I don't need two photos but the cost is $30 for one, $40 for two and it will cost me a couple of bucks to send one back thus I really only save $8. Kind of a dirty trick......I guess my mom and dad are getting a photo of Jazz and I for Christmas.......

I've been showing dogs for nearly 30 years. All of the designated all-breed professional dog show photographers I've ever dealt with in all those years *ALWAYS* send 2 8x10s. Most of these photographers also do the specialties in my area. The extra copy is usually for the judge or handler. This is just how it has always been done.

I always make sure that I send the judge a copy of the picture with a small thank you note as most of them have asked to have one sent to them for their books.

I've been showing for 20 years and in my area it is not common for them to send two photos. Are you able to tell photographers up front that you don't want two then (at time of photo)?

I recieved my photograph on Wednesday. I love it. He did a very nice job, he worked with me while the line backed up as my girl was not crazy about posing. I have always received 2 copies whenever i have had a photo taken.

I got my pictures a few days ago and am pleased.In regard to the 2 picture comment it used to be a tradition to keep one photo and send the other to the judge with a thank you.

I wasn't at the show and there are no online photo's to see so I can't comment on quality.

No matter which photographer is at each show, somehow there is always a complaint about something. It sounds like he did great work. I don't think it's a dirty trick if you can send back 1 of 2 for $2. The $8 difference just b/c he's only charging $10 for a 2nd photo has nothing to do with it.

If exhibitors are pleased why wouldn't you want 2 of a *good* photo? If you don't want it, send it back. I would be happy to have good photo's of my dog and self times 2 for the Judge or for your family as you said for $10.

I guess next time those concerned about $10 can ask the photographer how many they send. They only thing it sounds like this guy did wrong was not ask how many up front. Considering his work is beautiful that's a small error and not a dirty trick. Maybe the LRC was supposed to let exhibitors know it would be 2 photographs and forgot that like some the ribbons?