Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Etiquette working with your handler

The handler which I usually use is full for the shows which I want to send my girl to. Will she be offended if I use another handler? The other handler I would use is a beginner, met her at a friend's house while getting pup out. I really liked how she handled my pup but don't want to offend experienced handler which I usually use.

Is there any etiquette regarding handlers?

TIA

Re: Etiquette working with your handler

Why don't you just talk to your regular handler and let her know that situation and what you are going to do. You are the one paying the bills. I would think they would understand and better that you be upfront with it from the beginning as a courtesy.

Re: Etiquette working with your handler

My Experience
Why don't you just talk to your regular handler and let her know that situation and what you are going to do. You are the one paying the bills. I would think they would understand and better that you be upfront with it from the beginning as a courtesy.

Thanks, your response makes a lot of sense. She actually may be free if she finishes one of her current dogs this weekend. She is going to phone me next week. I'll discuss it with her if needed then.