Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Adequan maintenance

How often do you do the maintenance shot? My vet say every 3 months? is that enough? I know it depends on the dog, but I wanted to hear about your experiences? I think my boy could benefit from doing the shots more often.

Re: Adequan maintenance

My 7 year old boy gets his Adequan twice monthly and that seems to work well for him. You can call the support # for Novartis to see what they recommend.

We did once a week for a month for a loading dose, then once a month. As time went by, we were up to once a week.

Our loading dose was twice a week for a month, and now it's once a month. I think you are right - it depends on the dog.

Loading dose of 2x/wk for 2-3weeks, then 1x/wk for 3 weeks, then 1x/mo for maintenance.

will the adequin change subluxation?

for horses or dogs?

and how much

Why would you think it would change subluxation?

I have talked with a 30+ breeder, and was told adequin shots may be able to help reduce subluxation or shallow acatabula on a dog who was injured & did not pass OFA due to trauma from broken femur,

just had my girl to vet last week to see why she is toe dancing on back leg,(figured she tore ligament last Nov, had her on crate rest until now, with litle improvement)vet x-rayed and saw slight tear in cartligidge,said to do adequan shot (1 MI)for 6 weeks (once/week) and see if she heals, surgery will be next if it does not. Has anyone done this before with results.Have they healed ?? Thanks for any thoughts