Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Toys for puppies

I am wondering what kinds of toys you all put in with puppies and at what age?

I am particularly curious about anyone who has had good luck raising semi-nonchewers??? What kinds of toys do you start YOUR puppies on?

Thanks for any ideas.

Re: Toys for puppies

I have had a wonderful experiences with Zogoflex chew toys. My puppies love them, play with them and, of course, chew on them. I leave two in the crate and they don't touch the crate pads!

So far, mine still have not destroyed even stuffs (10 weeks old). Puppy kongs, nylabones and those destuffed toys that look like road kill are all favorites. On the cheap side, a peanut butter jar filled with a handful of macaroni for noise is popular, as is a pop bottle put in one of those "covers" that Velcro securely (come in various animal shapes).

ours love empty plastic water bottles, they make the best wrinkle/crinkle noise. Take of tops and rings around the top and any labels. Any light weight unstuffed toys for the baby puppies to play tug of war with. the heavy plastic balls you can put treats in that roll out as they nose the ball around.

How about for baby babies, 3 weeks or so? It seems like the noisy stuff scares them? Or is this a good thing for them to get used to so early? And how about the washability factor?

Thanks for all the above ideas, too.

I have toys in the box for puppies before they open their eyes. The great textures and smells and sounds are great for them.

Mom is always sure to bring her favorites into the box as well.

I have a variety of toys, noises and textures available, always.