General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pawcatuck Specialty Critiques update

Someone added to the Judges Critiques page:
2011 BACK TO BACK SPECIALTY- NO JUDGES CRITIQUES WERE SUBMITTED BY THE JUDGES

Re: Pawcatuck Specialty Critiques update

It seems very seldom the specialty clubs ask judges to write critiques anymore. It does take more time and with having back to back shows for most regional specialties it can make it run late in the day. The critiques are a valuable tool for breeders and really give an insight into where we are in our breeding programs. It is nice to know how the judge made their selections that day. Personally I would like to see them being done at specialty shows for the first two placements at least. The european judges automatically do them as they are required overseas. As a judge we don't do them unless the club asks us to. I would ask that show chairs please ask your judges to write them. You can use a recorder instead of writing them out to save time.

Wondering if someone in the club could contact the judge. I know my boy stood as the judge wrote his notes and would love to see what he wrote.

Years ago I noticed Michael Silva using a hand held recorder for his nores and later we had wonderful critiques. Maybe if the clubs supplied a small recorder judges would find it easier to do.