Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex pens at Potomac

I was recently informed that ex pens were not going to be allowed at Potomac this year and I would like to know if there is any truth to this. I am not trying to start trouble but would love to hear from any LRCP Members or Show committee members what the facts are. no flames. Just information would be great. thank you.

Re: Ex pens at Potomac

Oh that can't be. Where did you hear that?

The only thing I saw in the premium list is that ex-pens can't be used in the mall parking lot. Might have missed something though - that premium list is really hard to find stuff in!

Only thing I've read or heard anywhere is that x-pens aren't allowed in mall parking area.

Ex pens have never been allowed in the Mall parking lot, as I recollect.

I wouldn't put up ex pens in the mall parking lot and leave dogs in them anyways! Too far away from the rings and not secure. Not to mention that "Huge" hill from the mall lot to the rings. (LOL)

It's true. Contact a board member about these rumours or truths. They can tell you. No one on here seems to know the rules so get them from the right source. The Board.

Ask the board
It's true. Contact a board member about these rumours or truths. They can tell you. No one on here seems to know the rules so get them from the right source. The Board.

The Board has nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't put dogs in ex-pens and leave them no matter where the ex-pens were!

Leaving dogs in ex-pens unattended is not the question. It would be great if SOMEONE IN THE KNOW FROM LRCP would give us the answer. It is a long week for the dogs and having an ex-pen for them play and relax outside their crate is a big plus. We all like to sit around and visit while we watch them in the ex-pens.... let's hope we can still have them where allowed.

From page 23 of the premium, the only thing regarding x-pens refers to the mall parking only:

Important Parking Notices
MALL PARKING: Every effort is being made to accommodate parking requirements for attendees. A formal agreement has been reached with the adjacent shopping mall to permit daily parking in the mall parking lot. No overnight parking is permitted. No RV parking is permitted. No x-pens may be set up in the mall parking lot. Show attendees must not litter or in any way obstruct free access to the lot for regular shoppers. Show attendees who are staying in hotels other than the Holiday Inn are encouraged to use this convenient parking facility, which is adjacent to the show grounds for daily parking.

when did you all get your premium lists? I don't have one yet

?
Ask the board

The Board has nothing to do with it.

How could the board have nothing to do with it? They rented the space from the Holidome.

The Holidome doesn't allow cones for any reason but the board does. Susy & staff look the other way, most of us know why.

If you read Holidome ratings, non-show guests that have stayed there during The Potomac do complain about the cones in April and the dog crap left on the ground after any show. Good job to the slobs.

If the board rents the space on the outdoor grounds and ballroom, then the board has everything to do with it.

I contacted a board member. I was told no Ex-pens. No matter who made the final decision, the board is the venue to inform exhibitors.

Find out for yourself if you don't believe me, Go contact a board member .

Lab Breeder

It's online - I haven't gotten one either - my guess is they are trying to save money (while begging for it) by not mailing them out.

http://www.lrcp.com/Premium_2012_Potomac_Jan_30.pdf

Breeder
Lab Breeder

It's online - I haven't gotten one either - my guess is they are trying to save money (while begging for it) by not mailing them out.

They were mailed out...received mine in the mail last week.

Breeder
Lab Breeder

You said it just right, saving while begging. I can't even laugh. It's sickening.

Postscript-I haven't gotten it yet in Pony Express either and don't expect to. They saved 45 cents on me apparently. I hope it helps.

....is all this negative hype and constant whinning, bitching and moaning about the Potomac. If you don't like it does something constructive to fix it or just shut the hell up.

I don't get to go to the Potomac very often but when I do, I like to enjoy the show for the dogs and the people and not the politics.

We should all be getting excited about the show right now. Meeting up with old and new friends and seeing what the next generation of Labs hold instead of all this negative bickering.

I found the premium list online and will enter online. Stop being so lazy and judgmental on club members. In this day and age of the internet, paper premiums are just wasteful anyway. I stopped receiving them years ago.

The club members VOLUNTEER their time to put on the world's greatest Labrador show. We should all be thankful they give of their time to make this show what it is.

I am looking forward to attending this year. All you naysayers and grouches can just stay home. The show will be better with out you anyway.

true
Breeder
Lab Breeder

You said it just right, saving while begging. I can't even laugh. It's sickening.

Postscript-I haven't gotten it yet in Pony Express either and don't expect to. They saved 45 cents on me apparently. I hope it helps.

Hi everyone, I received clarification that ex-pens will be allowed at Potomac but as the premium says not in the Mall Parking lot. I was trying to squash a rumor and apparently it started all kinds of other issues. Not my intention. I too, am a former Show Chairperson, and I know how hard it is to put a show together, organize it and keep it running as smooth as you can. I understand and appreciate all that everyone goes through to make a show successful and there is nothing worse than rumors and crap that starts running wild with no proof in the pudding. So please forget I ever asked this question. Thank you for understanding and I look forward to a positive Potomac Specialty and all the hard work the members put into it.

Thank you for the lovely post and positive message.
I can hardly wait!