Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac room available

Heart broke--won't be going this year--
will be canceling room at Holiday Express
this evening. The tax man cometh and takes away/////

Re: Potomac room available

Boy can I relate. I am struggling with not going, or going into debt to go. Tough call.

Plenty of rooms at the Express!

Just checked the website. There are lots of rooms available at the Express! Looks like a lot of people are canceling, as that hotel was fully booked months ago.

Re: Plenty of rooms at the Express!

Breeder
Just checked the website. There are lots of rooms available at the Express! Looks like a lot of people are canceling, as that hotel was fully booked months ago.

I wonder why? Does that happen every year?

I'm looking for a Host hotel room and a few usually come through. Normally, it's not like the Express cancellations I've been hearing about. Then again, you can't trust the web. Those might already be rebooked and the webmaster didn't put it in the system.

I am looking for a female to share a room with at the host if any one is on a budget and would like to share expenses.

Send me an email if interested.

I think what happens, as in my case, your Labrador blows coat. I'm going anyway.

A full week away from home, work, other dogs and add to that the $$$ It is just too much, year after year.

I'm staying home for the 1st time in so many years I can't count. Between the splitting of the venue, the cost of a room, and the girls blowing coat for over a month, I'm out this year. I'm not wasting my money I work hard for.

It's far from a vacation so I'm planning one with my family later in the year. I'm tired of paying what the host hotel charges, it's only a Holiday Inn for goodness sakes. They've out priced themselves. It's convenient normally but spots were lost due to a sign reserving it for a foreign breeder. They lined up the rental cars sideways making parking closer even more difficult. I don't want to go thru the same carp this year.

Have a nice time at The Potomac. I'll miss all of you I was looking forward to seeing from here and abroad. Maybe next year.

i was not able to afford a room at host hotel this year. I have a dog friendly room 10 mins away. Will accept a female roomie if anyone wants to share. Would only be approx $35/night. if interested send an email. thanks.

I don't know how much the host hotel is, but the Express raised their prices about $75/night during Potomac week - pretty sad, actually. I'd rather stay at a hotel down the street than give them the extra money in these hard times. The HI really takes advantage of us breeders when they can!

Midwest Breeder
I don't know how much the host hotel is, but the Express raised their prices about $75/night during Potomac week - pretty sad, actually. I'd rather stay at a hotel down the street than give them the extra money in these hard times. The HI really takes advantage of us breeders when they can!

Why single out the HI?

CCK

Why single out the HI?

Because the hotel I'm staying in down the street doesn't raise the prices for that week. Maybe some of the others do, didn't check them all.

Re: Plenty of rooms at the Express!--Found one!

Need Roomie
I am looking for a female to share a room with at the host if any one is on a budget and would like to share expenses.

Send me an email if interested.

Thanks, the roommate slot has been filled. See you all there