Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show picture

Can anyone tell me about how long typically before you get a show picture in the mail? It's been a while and I can't remember.... my girl took first on 2/5 on amatuer owner/handled - alright - so we were the only ones entered but I still want my pic! LOL :) Just thought it would be a fun reminder of her first show (even thought we were a mess!!!!) Any guesses how long they take usually? Thanks!

Re: Show picture

It really depends on the photographer. Some are great and get the photo out by the end of the next week. Others take several weeks or more. The last show photo I had taken the photographer told me he was a little backed up but I got it about 3 weeks later. It was worth the wait. If it's been more than a month, I would contact the photographer. It could have been lost in the mail or sent to the wrong address.

Thank-you!

You were right! I called the photographer and they did not have my arm band info for some reason. The picture is now on the way. Thanks!

You're very welcome. I hope it is a nice picture for you to remember the win with.

It has to be better than the actual event! LOL :)

Don't feel bad. My very first time in the ring, I got a second out of two in the class, and the judge practically threw the ribbon at me and snarled, "You might win next time if your bitch had some training!" I started to say, "This is our first show..." but he was already at the judge's table across the ring, I had been "dismissed!"
I had gone through months of handling classes and practice sessions and matches before that event, so it really bugged me. I worked harder on my young bitch, went to more shows, and a year later got winner's bitch with her over many professional handlers!
Don't give up, you seem to have the attitude that it takes in this sport, and good luck to you in the future!

Thanks for the encouraging words Robin! We'll keep at it! When I asked the judge nicely for a picture and I said I was the only one entered but wanted a memento of her first show he said "Well if you think she will stand ~ I don't have all day!" ~ it did bother me but we'll get there! I do fine in obedience but aam all over the place in conformation! Either way we have fun and it's great socialization! Thanks again!