Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Right on the Facebook wall

http://riverbendlabradoodles.com/guardian-program.html What a scam!

I am so tired of some FB advertising. I do click not to show certain advertising again and why. They don't screen their advertisers well enough.

Re: Right on the Facebook wall

Why do you say it is a scam? Looks like a well thought out and explained program. Many Lab Breeders do the same thing and call it a co own!!! Better in a home than standing in a kennel waiting to be bred!
To each their own. Man just live and let live unless you see abuse and then report it.

Apparently you didn't read the legislature in Congress that was posted and others in states and cities. Those will affect good breeders who have 1 or 2 litters a year or more than 10 pups

That is not anything like a realistic co-own. It's a rip-off and a way for these puppy mills to make more money.

I don't agree with breeding so much but the concept is brilliant!
More important many Lab breeders do this all the time, place a bitch in a pet home and ask for a breeding back. So tell us something new????

scam is right!

"We require between 2-4 litters from our Guardian Home Program dogs once they are in our breeding program. "

Re: scam is right!

Shouldn't be "Labradoodles" in the first place...that's a scam in and of itself

Re: scam is right!

Originally Posted by Breeder
I don't agree with breeding so much but the concept is brilliant!
More important many Lab breeders do this all the time, place a bitch in a pet home and ask for a breeding back. So tell us something new????

a bit much...
"We require between 2-4 litters from our Guardian Home Program dogs once they are in our breeding program. "

I agree with you.

I read the entire page and don't find the concept brilliant at all, except for the breeder's purse. They don't ask for *a* breeding back as you mentioned some Lab breeders do. Do you mean the Lab Breeder receives the entire litter?
Quote....... "We require between 2-4 litters from our Guardian Home Program dogs once they are in our breeding program" Want to bet if she whelps even fairly well they go for all 4?
The average labradoodle costs at least $2500 plus tax and shipping. Times that by a litter of 8 then 2 to 4 breedings producing litters of an average of 8. They're still paid around $1250 for the pup going into that *program*. They can then *earn* up to approximately 32 pups x $2500 per cost per pup, minus expenses. They appear to use their own stud-dogs. That comes to $80,000 minus expenses per Guardian Dog over their repro lifetime without having to raise, love and care for the dog. I think it's disgusting upsetting me since I saw the post.

Labrador co-owns aren't like this at all. If they are, then I know why they sure don't work out often. A puppy or 2 back from a co-owner especially if no payment was made or was reduced is understandable. I have never heard of multiple entire litters. That's greed.
I personally would never expect a buyer or family to allow their loved pet to go through up to 4 whelpings or even 1. That's my way of breeding.
I try to stay away from co-owns unless it's someone I'm close to and know I can trust and I surely don't ask buyers to let me breed their dogs.
The wealthy get wealthier, this is not done out of love for the breed which isn't a real breed. I don't like the entire concept but that's JMHO.

Re: not a scam, just business

These folks started in labs a long time ago, probably longer than most the posters on this group.

I personally see a difference between breeding a hybrid correctly and breeding a fad color swearing it is a lab.

her dogs are beautiful, her facility is nice, she has all her clearance and then some, and if you don't think there are "reputable" lab breeders out there with the same business plan of placing dogs in homes with litters back then your just naive.

Why is it OK to crossbred horses, cows, sheep, goats, etc but not the dog? Get over it people her animals are well cared for she is doing something she loves and believes in....No I dont know her personally and yes I have been in labs for over 25 years...and yes my labs are to the standard....and no I dont breed labradoodles....

Problem is that people who are not breeders should not breed. Breeding dogs is not for the average joe.

my 2 cents
Problem is that people who are not breeders should not breed. Breeding dogs is not for the average joe.

Not sure where this came from?

Are you saying this kennel is not a breeder? Like the above poster states they have been in labs in the past and did have some nice dogs at one time.

Although I also dont prefer mixed breeds, if you know anything about genetics this lady is doing it correctly to get her F1, F2 lines, etc. This knowledge does make her a breeder and far from the average joe.

Not liking what she does is one thing but I just dont see how others can consider her site spam?

The guy who started labradoodles has admitted that he made a mistake, and that there is no consistency.

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/05/06/labradoodle-creator-has-massive-regrets-over-the-craze-he-starte/

say what?
my 2 cents

Not sure where this came from?

Are you saying this kennel is not a breeder? Like the above poster states they have been in labs in the past and did have some nice dogs at one time.

Although I also dont prefer mixed breeds, if you know anything about genetics this lady is doing it correctly to get her F1, F2 lines, etc. This knowledge does make her a breeder and far from the average joe.

Not liking what she does is one thing but I just dont see how others can consider her site spam?

Not sure where that came from either and it's not the point.

Who called her site spam? It's Facebook advertising of her puppies for sale and her program to get 2 to 4 litters out of each half priced puppy.

If any of you think that's okay you need your heads examined. If it was a Lab breeder doing it, experienced or not you would have her hanging by her short hairs.

All of a sudden Labradoodles are okay because she *was* once an experienced Lab breeder that found out she can make lots of money breeding mixed breeds.

You people run so hot and cold it's annoying. I have always and still think Labradoodles are a money making business be they Aussie Labradoodles a few generations or not. They're not a breed, they're not shown but it's okay for this person to breed and not show and not others? Give me a freaking break. Yes I show my dogs, yes I breed a litter or 2 a year, no I don't advertise on Facebook.

Maybe those of you having problems selling your puppies should advertise there since it's ok for Miss Used to be a Labrador Breeder. Or advertise on Google like 1 of the Lab breeders does but oh she shows her dogs....... just enough. Just saying............ I'm disgusted with some of you!

Maybe those of you having problems selling your puppies should advertise there since it's ok for Miss Used to be a Labrador Breeder. Or advertise on Google like 1 of the Lab breeders does but oh she shows her dogs....... just enough. Just saying............ I'm disgusted with some of you!

Get real people, you cant "do it properly" with out treating it as a business at least in the financial way. In a previous post someone stated they spent 100K in one year showing. That does not include daily care and annual expenses to keep them healthy. How many breeders have that kind of money to spend on a hobby, unless they can recoup their expenses in some way. How is an ad coming up on Google or Facebook any different than being listed on this website or having a personal website out there? Just because they advertise or dont hit every show out there does not make them bad breeders or BYB. Since when has advertising become so taboo? If you dont want to advertise then dont.

[/quote]
"Get real people, you cant "do it properly" with out treating it as a business at least in the financial way. In a previous post someone stated they spent 100K in one year showing. That does not include daily care and annual expenses to keep them healthy. How many breeders have that kind of money to spend on a hobby, unless they can recoup their expenses in some way. How is an ad coming up on Google or Facebook any different than being listed on this website or having a personal website out there? Just because they advertise or dont hit every show out there does not make them bad breeders or BYB. Since when has advertising become so taboo? If you dont want to advertise then dont."[/quote]

common sense, thank you for posting

You must not know anyone with a sport fishing boat, as those folks spend that kind of money all the time and never get back a dime!! There are folks out there spending ridiculous amounts of money on their hobbies and NEVER recoup one damned thing other than enjoyment and hopefully a few bragging rights here & there.

The reality is WHO CARES!!!

Safe Haven and Dog Time are reporting Facebook has agreed not to advertise Puppy Mills in their MarketPlace. Not sure if this is the junk that appears on the right or what: http://dogtime.com/facebook-drops-puppy-mill-dogs-from-marketplace.html

you see the photo in the article? Did you see the photos on the original breeder in questions website?

There is no comparison....she may be a breeder of hybrids but she is not a puppy mill.

for those of you new to the breed of labradors, this is very common, it might not be called a "Guardian Program". When I first got into the world of purebred dogs over 23 yrs ago, this was occurring, so it is not new. The fact that Kristi is "formalizing on her website for all to see", just proves to me she still has the integrity she had years ago when she owned and operated Lakeview Labradors. She has more integrity in her little finger than most people I know.
While I don't agree with the concept of Labradoodles, I can agree with WOW that she is by no means a "puppy mill".