Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best breeding dates

Ok All. Give me the best days to breed please. Progesterone levels: Day 8 0.4, Day 10 2.3, Day 12 7.4. Breeding dates anyone??? I did get a breeding in once yesterday pm, when should the next be? TIA

Re: Best breeding dates

Forgot to mention. Semen arrived Frday am using CHill 10. Looked great yesterday!!!

Need more information, such as what was the date that correlates to her day 12?

I would breed day 13 and 15.

You did not inseminate her? You had the semen there and waited?

Why not inseminate?

She was bred yesterday. and Day 8 was just Monday of this week, so 2.3 was Wed draw. and the 7.4 was Friday draw. Bred her yesterday. So tomorrow again?? I am a believer that the semen lives longer in the bitch, so I want to get another one in tonite..... This girl jumps quickly after ovulating, so I do not want to waste the second vial by being too late and waiting til semen is less quality and she may be coming out. Last time she jumped from a 4.9 to a 13 overnight...

Based on her #'s she probably hit 5 on Thursday late/early Friday so I would have bred on Saturday and 2nd breeding Monday.

Breeder
I would breed day 13 and 15.

I agree, but which day was she on day 12? The day you bred her or the 18th when you posted?

day 13 and 15, or 14 and 16. day 14 and 15 are best days.

Breeder
Ok All. Give me the best days to breed please. Progesterone levels: Day 8 0.4, Day 10 2.3, Day 12 7.4. Breeding dates anyone??? I did get a breeding in once yesterday pm, when should the next be? TIA

Once the bitch has moved 2 days after 5.0ng breed 2 days in a row.