Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac Blues

Anybody else have the Potomac Blues because they aren't going to make it this year

Re: Potomac Blues

Just me
Anybody else have the Potomac Blues because
they aren't going to make it this year

That was me last year. Someone made a facebook page last year for those who couldn't go. Seemed like a lot of people joined the group. Lots of fun. Misery loves company maybe someone will make another page like that. Just glad I'm going this year. Sorry your not going.

Yuuuuup!
Just me
Anybody else have the Potomac Blues because
they aren't going to make it this year

That was me last year. Someone made a facebook page last year for those who couldn't go. Seemed like a lot of people joined the group. Lots of fun. Misery loves company maybe someone will make another page like that. Just glad I'm going this year. Sorry your not going.

I'm on the fence. I entered my dogs but I'm unsure if I will make it. I'm waiting for the last minute to make a final decision.

I won't be blue but will miss the Big Show to some degree. It will be easier to be *stuck at home* as some call themself.

I can't do Conformation and some Rally due to 2 different locations........ one of several reasons including inflated gas prices for 1000 miles each way.

Have loads of fun! I'm not sour grapes at all. I found better things to spend the normal hunk of bucks I normally do at The Potomac.

Seriously, thinking about the costs for entries, gas, hotels and all that, just curious if the entries will be up/down or same.

Gas hit nearly $5 per gallon here and thinking how some of us can afford it any more.

It's all about car pooling and room sharing.

Live to far to even make car pooling and room sharing feasible. Don't have a week for driving to/from and the days of the show free from work AND the money for those kinds of expenses. It's OK. I can live vicariously through those that can go. Besides I am not a "recognizable" face nor do I have that big fluffy dog that typically wins, so I will stick to my local specialties and AB shows with my dogs.

Good luck to those that go though.

I didn't go last year and was sad but it was okay. I am hoping that this year will be worth the money I am spending to go. I usually pay no more than $450 for airfare and it was $931 this year, that is a coach ticket and no dog included! I can see that this will become an every other year trip instead of yearly if prices continue to climb like this. Sharing a room and a rental car helps alot but......

I'm staying home as well, and I know of several others who are not making the trip. It's a shame, but the reality for some of us is that the Potomac has become too expensive. I'll be interested to see whether the entries are down this year.

Won't miss it at all. Not like it was years ago.

A group was created today to follow along and socialize like you are there, but from far away.

Potomac 2012 Pouting Group with Results

come join the fun

No
Won't miss it at all. Not like it was years ago.

Same feelings here. To each their own opinion.

The purpose of your post?

Misery loves company . Maybe I just want to know that I'm not the only one hurting from the economy. So if you can't relate, what's the purpose of your post. Just move on .

Economy awful. If not, you are lucky. Gas a shame. And don't ever go but every few years. Makes it more special.

What a nice prize that would be. All expense paid for 2 and a dog.

I just cannot afford it. My dogs must eat.