Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DFWLRC - Room rates - tomorrow is the last day for reservations...

The DFWLRC has a block of 25 rooms at The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Denton, TX. They have given the club a rate of $75 per night for a King room and a rate of $80 for the Standard Two Queen room.

This includes: a complimentary hot breakfast (eggs, sausage/bacon, plus cereals, fruit and pastries), 24 hour coffee station, free access to wifi, a heated pool and hot tub, guest laundry, access to our sweet shop and vending machines, and of course 100% non smoking and pet friendly rooms. And there are NO pet fees!

You MUST make your reservation before March 30th to receive the discount and you must note that you are with the Dallas Fort Worth Labrador Retriever Club show.

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Denton - University Drive
4465 North I-35
Denton, TX 76207
Phone: 1-940-808-0444

Re: DFWLRC - Room rates - tomorrow is the last day for reservations...

Have the judging schedules been mailed out? Do you have numbers?

Yes, they were mailed out on Thursday. :)

Friday
Sweepstakes: 22-27

Veterans Sweepstakes:
7-9 yrs 2-2
9-11 yrs 0-2

Regular Classes:
Breed: 33-68 (4-8)
Veterans - 2-2

Obedience – 21
Rally - 8

Saturday

Sweepstakes: 20-25

Veterans Sweepstakes:
7-9 yrs 2-2
9-11 yrs 0-2

Regular Classes:
Breed: 31-68 (5-7)
Veterans - 2-3

Obedience – 60
Rally - 7

Candice Moore
The DFWLRC has a block of 25 rooms at The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Denton, TX. They have given the club a rate of $75 per night for a King room and a rate of $80 for the Standard Two Queen room.

This includes: a complimentary hot breakfast (eggs, sausage/bacon, plus cereals, fruit and pastries), 24 hour coffee station, free access to wifi, a heated pool and hot tub, guest laundry, access to our sweet shop and vending machines, and of course 100% non smoking and pet friendly rooms. And there are NO pet fees!

You MUST make your reservation before March 30th to receive the discount and you must note that you are with the Dallas Fort Worth Labrador Retriever Club show.

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Denton - University Drive
4465 North I-35
Denton, TX 76207
Phone: 1-940-808-0444

We're saving a bundle with this deal compared to Pmac or the Holiday Inn in Denton. La Quinta gets 3.5 to 4.5 stars. The prices are great for a good hotel with no pet fees and a free breakfast. It's half the price of a Pmac Holiday Inn room that only has Full size beds. Having 2 Queen beds is 20" wider per bed for a better fit if there are 4 sharing a room. I've never been in a 4 rooming together situation yet thank the Lord! I always room with 1 roomate for all shows. It must make a large difference sleeping 2 in a Queen instead of a Full. I can't imagine sleeping in a full size bed with another person I know or don't know, even my spouse. 1 Dog is allowed on my bed with me b/c my dogs are in the room with me. How the heck do they do it at Pmac with double beds, 4 roomates and dogs?

Your entries are only $25 & then a discount to $22 a class for the same dog. I'm showing my dogs in both venues plus Sweeps & Veterans has even lower costs.

See you at both shows. Thanks for letting us know about LaQuinta's pricing discount and extras Candice. My only worry is to make it from Tx to Md in time since Pmac is a 5 day show. With 2 of us alternating at the wheel, we're doing a straight run thru in about 24 hours. I'm sure we're not the only ones doing this and some are coming from farther away.