Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diamond Dog food-Extreme Athlete?

Does anyone have any good/bad advice or comments about feeding their dogs Diamond Dog Food the Extreme Athlete formula? We are looking to try something different and this was on the list. Not quite as known as some others, wanted to see if anyone out there uses it. TIA

Re: Diamond Dog food-Extreme Athlete?

Great stuff!

Love it ! Used it the last two weeks of my bitches pregnancy, and then fed the puppies same , took them off of it at 10 weeks. Bitch and puppies full of bloom ! Would use it again.

We love this food and have used it for many years with great results- low residue is an added bonus!

Thank you all for your input! We are buying the food tonight! My dogs will eat anything! :)

Switched to this a little over a year ago, will never change again. After I switched, I brought a pup to the handler for her 2nd show out. Handler said, "She's in perfect condition, wow, she's really blossomed!" Her coat, vitality, bounce, etc. really showed after switching foods.

I've fed 2 pups this from birth, I just keep amount small so they don't get too many calories. Pups and adults do great on Diamond's Extreme Athlete.

It is not only easy to find, but has good ingredients and is working well on the few we feed.

It does have a weird smell from bag to bag.

We really like the food and have had great results using it. Just keep in mind that a cup of Extreme Athlete has 470 calories where Diamond's Natural Chicken and Rice has 368 calories/cup. Great to hear that others have had positive results with it.

We buy it from our local TSC - on a rare occasion, they may be out but normally getting it is not a problem.

We are switching from Nutro Natural High Energy food, so we will have to see how many calories/cup are in that and compare to Diamond so we don't over/under feed from the normal!! Thank you, I did not think about the calorie/cup on switching food.

I liked the food but couldn't get consistently good stools on it. They'd be perfect for a few days then suddenly voluminous and mucous-y to the point where I was letting dogs out in the middle of the night. Reduced volume but noticed weight loss and coats were not as good on it so I'm going to be switching to something else.

MD
I liked the food but couldn't get consistently good stools on it. They'd be perfect for a few days then suddenly voluminous and mucous-y to the point where I was letting dogs out in the middle of the night. Reduced volume but noticed weight loss and coats were not as good on it so I'm going to be switching to something else.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have another issue. When we get coccidia and other parasite bloom one of my adults does this. Panacur and Ponazuril turns stool firm and small and still on Diamond's Extreme Athlete

We feed Diamond Extreme Athlete and overall really like it. That said...I have had a few that did not have great stools on it...I think it was to much for them. Switched them to a lower protein/fat food and they are fine. You might look at the Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice as well. The Performance formula has worked well for me as well.