Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
opaque discharge from newly bred girl

off to the vets this morning for a CBC. I notices a pus looking discharge last night from a girl who was bred 2 1/2 weeks ago. not happy about this, doesn't seem normal. any other thoughts to take in to the vets with me?

Re: opaque discharge from newly bred girl

It means she got pregnant. I look for that discharge after breeding and see it often.

really? that would be cool! I'm used to clear discharge, and my last breeding with a different girl ended up in a pyo, so I am easily freaked these days! still going to the vet though......thanks

I often see a mucousy discharge from my bitches about 2 weeks after they have been bred, and they turn up pregnant as well. Does it have an "off" odor?

BDR
I often see a mucousy discharge from my bitches about 2 weeks after they have been bred, and they turn up pregnant as well. Does it have an "off" odor?

odor seems fine......

I think you may be expecting puppies! Please let us know what the vets says.

BDR
I think you may be expecting puppies! Please let us know what the vets says.

CBC was normal...thanks for your feedback....fingers crossed for a healthy litter of puppies!

It is implantation bleeding. Usually means a large litter. 15 days after my grl was bred, a light brown mucousy discharge with her as well. No temp, so not pyo...