Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The RING TEST VIDEO

This is always exciting to see how energy flows and I was able to capture it to post. I said that I check each horn 3 days after whelping, I meant to say breeding, it's really easy to determine sex after they are born. LOL!! I will check again around 3-4 weeks for an "official count" after that the puppies are in too much of a jumble to get an accurate count, unless like this time there are only 2. Mosey is having a boy and a girl.

The sway side to side is a girl ,in a circle is a boy, an easy way to remember
side to side =X= girl (XX)
circle =ball= boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpTzCSy5GgQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Re: The RING TEST VIDEO

Tiffany
This is always exciting to see how energy flows and I was able to capture it to post. I said that I check each horn 3 days after whelping, I meant to say breeding, it's really easy to determine sex after they are born. LOL!! I will check again around 3-4 weeks for an "official count" after that the puppies are in too much of a jumble to get an accurate count, unless like this time there are only 2. Mosey is having a boy and a girl.

circle =ball= boy

Thanks Tiffany. I'll try it for my next litter. 3 to 4 weeks before whelping you said? My speakers are broken as of this morning, so I can't hear the video when I load it up.

Your posts are always either fun or factual. There isn't 1 yet I haven't enjoyed or learned from. So thanks and good luck with Mosey & puppers!

Well after waiting all weekend,checking progesterones twice and still not low enough and with no temp drop 64 days later the 2 little ones @ 22oz a piece arrived this afternoon, a girl and a boy!

Tiffany
Well after waiting all weekend,checking progesterones twice and still not low enough and with no temp drop 64 days later the 2 little ones @ 22oz a piece arrived this afternoon, a girl and a boy!

Congratulations on your 2 Large pups and a correct ring test.

I'm gonna try it when I breed my next litter.

Tiffany

circle =ball= boy

Is this right?
The info for the video says the opposite, in a circle is Girl, and side by side is a BOY. Which is it?

Circle is a girl and side to side is a boy, there is text below the video that explains I was saying it backwards,I had "help" from a few youngsters while trying to film this by myself.
I did the ring test while whelping my last litter and was excited that as the puppies were in the birth canal I was able to tell what was coming out,especially when I knew the last one was going to be a girl and she ended up being my keeper and my first chocolate girl.
Now if only there was a ring test for color!!!

Thanks Tiffany! Early ring test shows puppies but they haven't implanted yet, I hope they all make it.

When I searched older posts about the ring test someone mentioned that the ovaries can give a false reading. I did the ring test on a bitch that I have that wasn't bred but in heat and I got no movement on the ring. I even tried to locate her ovaries but I couldn't get that ring to move. I don't think the ovaries are picked up by the ring test. Any comments on this Tiffany?