Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ivermectin dosage?

We just got liquid ivermectin from our vet and have never used it before. It is called Noromectin 50ml 1%sterile solution. The vet said to use 1/4 cc per dog. The box says it is for swine and cattle. Anyone use this brand before and know if that dosage sounds right?
Traci

Re: Ivermectin dosage?

We use the Ivomec 1% solution and give .10 ml per 10 lbs. So, most of the dogs get .7 to .8 ml

If you do the math, you would find that the amount of Ivermectin in Heart Guard is about .1 ml or less, for Lab sized dogs.

It is used in heavier doses for mange, so it is relatively forgiving, but most posts I see about this are over dosing, for the application of heartworm prevention. Many are putting the decimal in the wrong place.

It is also toxic to some lines of Collies and Beagles.

Mike

I give .10cc, Traci. Since I don't do math, I took my bottle into my vet and he figured it out for me. That equals the Heartgard for 51-100 pounds dosage.

It is very bitter, so put it on a small piece of bread and feed it directly to the dog rather than try and put it down their throat.

I have .2cc written down from a conversation on one of the other dog boards from years ago. Either dosage works. We feed on bread.

Traci, I have a chart by weight for using the 1% liquid Ivomec done in an excel spreadsheet. I emailed it to you.
Anyone is welcome to Email me if you would like a copy.

Thank you for your replies. Laura, that you for the chart. This answers all our questions.
Traci