Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
shipping to detroit

can someone tell me if detroit is a safe airport to ship a puppy to.

i have plans to ship from mem to detroit by delta dash (non stop)

Re: shipping to detroit

Safe as in what? I've sent/recieved puppies and dogs out of Detroit without incident.

It appears that people want to avoid this airport due to location

I would avoid DELTA at all costs too!!

Detroit Metro Airport is not located in the city of Detroit but rather the easter suburbs.

I have also shipped puppies in and out of DTW on Delta Dash without incident.

Do you think that there are gangsta's rolling up and puppy napping in Detroit? Seriously this is the dumbest question ever. Detroit is fine and Delta is fine.

Have shipped and flown myself from Detroit airport many times. Never an issue.

breeder
It appears that people want to avoid this airport due to location

DTW is NOT in Detroit. It's in Romulus which is a suburb of Detroit. There is nothing wrong with DTW, it is a good airport. Like Nicole, I've had puppies come in and go out of there and have never had an incident.

thanks for the info, delta said the people would need to pic the puppy up at the delta cargo building, even if we use delta -dash

thats what i am going to do is use delta & shipe to Detroit airport- its the only airport in their area within 2 1/2 hours of there the family lives, and its the only direct flight.

I just wanted to make sure the airport was not near potential terriors trouble makers- arabs

breeder

I just wanted to make sure the airport was not near potential terriors trouble makers- arabs

Whoa, a bit racist statement there. Dearborn has the highest population of Muslims outside of the Middle East. Not all Muslims are terrorists and Dearborn has never had a terrorist incident.

I'm also disgusted by such an ignorant comment! Perhaps instead of just shipping your puppy to whoever can send a check, have the new owners come and get it so you can meet them and they can ride with it in the cabin.

The Detroit Metro airport is located in Romulus ... a western suburb of Detroit. The area is clean and easy access to the freeway from the north and west. No issues getting dogs in/out at the airport.

I am sure there are terriors in Detroit (terriers or terrorists perhaps).

I am also sure there are Arab horses there as well.

Oh perhaps you mean people that have come from countries in the middle east?

This country was and still is a melting pot of people from all around the world.

Do you select your physicians/dentists the same way?

Just leave it alone wud ya! Proactive! Word of the day!

sorry, i just remember 911 terriorest attack.

I like Delta, and will ship to detroit.

thanks for comments