Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA update

FYI

The OFA is announcing a new Eye Certification Registry (ECR). The new ECR is a joint effort between the OFA and the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists (ACVO) and has the full endorsement of the ACVO and their member Diplomates. For complete details:

http://offa.org/

Sue Puff

Re: OFA update

Does that mean CERF is going away?

Yes. It'll be OFA eyes Normal now.

The information on the OFA site was really interesting. I was particularly impressed that there will be no charge for submission of non-passing results. If the owner submits non-passing results, they will be up on the OFA database. I wish they would do the same (no charge) for hips and elbows.

breeder
The information on the OFA site was really interesting. I was particularly impressed that there will be no charge for submission of non-passing results. If the owner submits non-passing results, they will be up on the OFA database. I wish they would do the same (no charge) for hips and elbows.

As I understand it, the OFA does not charge for any abnormal results. Also, if you have submitted and paid for a cardiac auscultation clearance, there is no additional fee if you then submit an echo report on the same dog. I know this because I submitted an echo report on an OFA cardiac normal by auscultation dog, and the OFA sent back my money with that explanation.