Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pigment loss from plant encounter?

My pup was out doing some hunt training at a local pond on Saturday. ONe of the bumpers landing along the edge of the pond in the middle of some very thick tall grasses. He had to fight his way into the grass to get the bumper and when he returned his nose was bleeding in several tiny areas. At first I thought it might had been nettles but he did not appear to be in any discomfort. by the time I loaded him into the truck the bleeding had stopped.
Yesterday the small areas on either side of his nose seemed very pink. I figured it was just healing. Tonight I noticed he has lost pigment from his nose down to his mouth.

Does anyone know what kind of plant could cause this.....and is this just the start of something more serious? Is there anything I should be giving him? I can't put anything on it...it is right below his nose.

Re: Pigment loss from plant encounter?

Had something similar a few years ago. It took a long, long time, but the pigment eventually came back. Never found out what it was after all kinds of tests and treatments. Save your money and wait it out.

Re: Pigment loss from plant encounter?

Thanks so much for your reply!! You've made me feel so much better.