Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Novifit for old girl?

My old girl, almost 14 is loosing her hearing and sight, and is getting more anxious as time goes by. I was reading about Novifit...any one use this or the other meds available for old dogs? She's been sleeping more in closets and under things - especially during thunder, but now it's other noises too. Last night she was sleeping in the bathroom for no apparent reason.

Re: Novifit for old girl?

I have experience with this product. I used to sell it and other products like it for cognitive dysfunction, which is like senile dementia for older dogs. Symptoms include: hiding, inappropriate urination and defecation, vocalization at night, pacing, getting stuck in a corner, and general confusion and anxiety, especially at night. Novifit is probably the best of all the products (others include Senalife and I can't remember the name of the other one---hey maybe I need this drug, lol!). Novifit has sam-E in a tossilated salt form, which allows it to cross the blood-brain barrier and help where it's needed, the central nervous system. sam-E by itself may help, but Novifit is much, much more effective, and it's relatively "natural." I gave my free sample to a friend of mine, who used it on her 14-year-old Labrador, and told her it may take up to 30 day to be completely effective (this is what Virbac, the manufacturer states). She called me 4 days later to say it made a huge difference already.
It is prescription, don't know if you can get it on line or not without one, but if not you can ask your vet if they carry it, or if not, order it through them. I think it will help your old girl and you. Good luck and let us know if it did help.

Re: Novifit for old girl?

That is all very interesting. I did see it one entirely pets website, where I also saw Phycox.

.http://www.entirelypets.com/novifits.html