Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question on selling to Philippines

Have any of you ever sold a puppy to the Philippines?

I have a few basic questions.

What is the cost? Are there any hidden costs? Are there any special health tests/clearances required? Is there a quarantine period?

Anything else I might be missing?

Thanks!

Re: Question on selling to Philippines

breeder

They EAT dogs in the Philippines!

Yep, that would be my answer too :(

Lab Lover
breeder

They EAT dogs in the Philippines!

Question on selling to Philippines

Yes, one of my Doctors who is Filipino just told me that Dogs are a delicacy there. :(

(Please excuse any or all of my spelling errors LOL!)

I have been contacted from breeders from the Philippines and I would never sell a dog to them. Think on that puppy or dog been served with an apple in its mouth.
BTW, some oriental cultures believe that the more the dog suffers while dying, the more aphrodisiac the meal is. Sorry to be so crude......

Come on now, there are plenty of good breeders and the sport of showing dogs in the Phillipines.

I personally don't like the idea of selling dogs to ANYONE that far away. Even my US puppy families MUST come to my home if they want a puppy. I don't care if they live in WA, ME, TX, where ever...I don't ship. So unless your potential family from the Phillipines is coming to your home to pick up the pup, I wouldn't sell one. If they are a FRIEND (as my company has a Phillipines office and many US folks get transferred there), I am sure they can contact their health department etc. and find out the requirements for them to purchase a dog from out of the country and share that with you.

Are you kidding me???? Not to be crude either, but the culture is very, very different there than it is here. With little exception, animals are not cared for, loved, or valued in many other countries, and the Philippines is probably one of the worst, along with China and Taiwan as far as not valuing animal life an abusing/neglecting dogs.
And they DO eat them in the Philippines. Have you never seen the horrible pictures of dogs with their mouths wired shut, yes with wire so they cannot cry out for help, crammed into wooden crates in the heat with other dogs, sitting in he sun, waiting for someone to buy them so they can be hit over the head and get their skulls crushed to be cooked for dinner that night?
Even if the prospective puppy owner says they will show, how can you control the environment the puppy is in, in a foreign country that has a proven record of not valuing animal life? For instance, where is the puppy going to be housed? Space is at a premium in many places in the Philippies. How do you know that the puppy is not going to live it's entire life in a crate, even if the people say it's a good environment. People lie. What about breeding? Veterinary care? Quality of life? What happens if the puppy/dog gets out of it's yard and is picked up by someone? It is not the same in the Phillippines as it is here, not even close.
Do you like to sleep at night? If so, I would urge you to sell your puppies to someone in the United States. Besides, how many times have we sold puppies to "show" homes, where they were never shown....oh well, at least those dogs had a good life.
You sound pretty inexperienced as a breeder. I would urge you to rethink this sending a baby overseas. You will learn over time that foreigners who say they are going to show rarely do, and you will have absolutely no control or recourse over the suffering your puppy may have to endure.
Contact Rita, the ex-Finnair flight attendant, who is very knowledgeable and posts here every so often about abuses dogs have to endure in some of the countries she has experience with. Rita, if you are out there, comments?

You know, I am sure there are some absolutely wonderful people in the Philippines, but how am I to know? Maybe I am a real coward, but I'd just as soon sell a pup to a pet home as risk selling where I have no idea who the good guys/bad guys are. It is kind of sad for legit people, but it is the best I can do.

I would not sell a dog there for ANY amount of money. Even if they are ok where are the puppies out of your dog going to go? I don't even sell to show homes here because most of them are not what I want for my puppies. Keep the ones you want for show yourself and place the rest in good pet homes. Most of us run on two or three out of a good litter then decide later which one to go on with and get the others a nice pet home.

Wow...I havent been here for a while, and forgot that this forum no longer has breeders on here with knowledgable answers, just posers and their uneducated opinions.

This man came very highly recommended, breeders I trust have sold puppies to him and have had wonderful experiences with him. Also, he is flying here for a visit and picking the puppy up. His place is gorgeous and his dogs look wonderful.

You people amaze me with your ignorant and judgmental attitudes.

Notice, I never did ask IF I should sell, I asked about shipping/quarantine rules. If you are clueless, you should keep your ridiculous comments to yourself.

I would never ship a puppy to the Philippines
Are you kidding me???? Not to be crude either, but the culture is very, very different there than it is here. With little exception, animals are not cared for, loved, or valued in many other countries, and the Philippines is probably one of the worst, along with China and Taiwan as far as not valuing animal life an abusing/neglecting dogs.
And they DO eat them in the Philippines. Have you never seen the horrible pictures of dogs with their mouths wired shut, yes with wire so they cannot cry out for help, crammed into wooden crates in the heat with other dogs, sitting in he sun, waiting for someone to buy them so they can be hit over the head and get their skulls crushed to be cooked for dinner that night?
Even if the prospective puppy owner says they will show, how can you control the environment the puppy is in, in a foreign country that has a proven record of not valuing animal life? For instance, where is the puppy going to be housed? Space is at a premium in many places in the Philippies. How do you know that the puppy is not going to live it's entire life in a crate, even if the people say it's a good environment. People lie. What about breeding? Veterinary care? Quality of life? What happens if the puppy/dog gets out of it's yard and is picked up by someone? It is not the same in the Phillippines as it is here, not even close.
Do you like to sleep at night? If so, I would urge you to sell your puppies to someone in the United States. Besides, how many times have we sold puppies to "show" homes, where they were never shown....oh well, at least those dogs had a good life.
You sound pretty inexperienced as a breeder. I would urge you to rethink this sending a baby overseas. You will learn over time that foreigners who say they are going to show rarely do, and you will have absolutely no control or recourse over the suffering your puppy may have to endure.
Contact Rita, the ex-Finnair flight attendant, who is very knowledgeable and posts here every so often about abuses dogs have to endure in some of the countries she has experience with. Rita, if you are out there, comments?

You Dumb @$$!!! Why don't you go take your meds and quit preaching. You sound like a very inexperienced breeder because of your idiotic statements. Before I got into dogs, I dated a man from the Philippines for a year. I'm damn sure I know the people and the culture better than you.

I would never ship a puppy to the Philippines

Dumb @$$!!! You sound like an inexperienced breeder to me because of your ignorant rants. Why don't you go and take your meds. Before I got into dogs I dated a man from the Philippines for a year. I'm damn sure I know more about the people and the culture than you do.

Here in the States we have show rabbits, show chickens, etc. Those who show prize chickens don't eat their show animals, but I'll bet they go to KFC from time to time.

Hi everyone. I am a Filipino living in the Philippines and I have an imported Labrador from one of your highly respected breeder. I am so grateful to have such a friend whom I have never met personally yet through emails and forums alone, we were able to gain each other's trust and respect. My Labrador is less than 2 years old. I have shown him and will continue to do so. But showing is only part of the fun. First and foremost is he is part of our family, just like my 4 other Labs whose age range from 13 plus (my Canadian import), to 1.5 years old (US import). We lost our foundation bitch last year at 15.5 years old. I miss her dearly.

Seems many are quick to Judge and perhaps in trying to understand why, it's mainly due to the media focusing only on the negatives because that's what people will want to read about and it is what sells. Careful though as media can work both ways, such as the senseless shooting and killing we often hear about that goes on there, the muggings, rapes, tortures, abuses etc. That's not to do with animals though but lately I watched a feature show in discovery channel where in the US, there are horse farms catering to the horse meat industry in Europe and many other country. I also read a post about the hundreds of Dogs, cats, Pets etc, that are put down in shelters weekly because they were abandoned and are no longer loved or wanted. The conviction of people involved in underground dog fighting and so on. There are in fact dedicated shows in Animal Planet where you have Pet Police that go around arresting people who abuse animals, which is very good but that it seems there are many enough cases to make a show out of. Animal cruelty is one thing and crime and violence to fellow humans another. Plus the exaggerations in many of your shows (they don't do you justice). From where I'm standing, I'd be scared to go there. But thing is, I have been there and I met good people as well as bad ones. Quite a number of bullies in school there and some people thought we slept on floors as we were asked how it was like to sleep on beds. That was way back in 1969 until 1974. I was just a kid while my father was taking up his Masters degree from Northwestern Univ and Ph D from Wayne State. Many of our College professors here were sent there for higher education.

It's ok if some of you don't want to send you Labradors to us, that is a choice we do respect. I've had my share of frustrations here but that's the same for many of you as well regardless of where you've sold your puppies. So please, don't be too quick to Judge.

Btw, do many of you know how long the Americans were here, in the Philippines? If you read about us, we were under Spain for nearly 500 years before the Americans came and took over in 1898, and only in 1935 did you give us back the Independence we fought for against the Spaniards. Oh, and just for your info as well, many of us don't eat dogs...or cats, or horses. Heck my son don't even eat meat!

RM
Hi everyone. I am a Filipino living in the Philippines and I have an imported Labrador from one of your highly respected breeder. I am so grateful to have such a friend whom I have never met personally yet through emails and forums alone, we were able to gain each other's trust and respect. My Labrador is less than 2 years old. I have shown him and will continue to do so. But showing is only part of the fun. First and foremost is he is part of our family, just like my 4 other Labs whose age range from 13 plus (my Canadian import), to 1.5 years old (US import). We lost our foundation bitch last year at 15.5 years old. I miss her dearly.

Seems many are quick to Judge and perhaps in trying to understand why, it's mainly due to the media focusing only on the negatives because that's what people will want to read about and it is what sells. Careful though as media can work both ways, such as the senseless shooting and killing we often hear about that goes on there, the muggings, rapes, tortures, abuses etc. That's not to do with animals though but lately I watched a feature show in discovery channel where in the US, there are horse farms catering to the horse meat industry in Europe and many other country. I also read a post about the hundreds of Dogs, cats, Pets etc, that are put down in shelters weekly because they were abandoned and are no longer loved or wanted. The conviction of people involved in underground dog fighting and so on. There are in fact dedicated shows in Animal Planet where you have Pet Police that go around arresting people who abuse animals, which is very good but that it seems there are many enough cases to make a show out of. Animal cruelty is one thing and crime and violence to fellow humans another. Plus the exaggerations in many of your shows (they don't do you justice). From where I'm standing, I'd be scared to go there. But thing is, I have been there and I met good people as well as bad ones. Quite a number of bullies in school there and some people thought we slept on floors as we were asked how it was like to sleep on beds. That was way back in 1969 until 1974. I was just a kid while my father was taking up his Masters degree from Northwestern Univ and Ph D from Wayne State. Many of our College professors here were sent there for higher education.

It's ok if some of you don't want to send you Labradors to us, that is a choice we do respect. I've had my share of frustrations here but that's the same for many of you as well regardless of where you've sold your puppies. So please, don't be too quick to Judge.

Btw, do many of you know how long the Americans were here, in the Philippines? If you read about us, we were under Spain for nearly 500 years before the Americans came and took over in 1898, and only in 1935 did you give us back the Independence we fought for against the Spaniards. Oh, and just for your info as well, many of us don't eat dogs...or cats, or horses. Heck my son don't even eat meat!

There are atrocities all over the world, but I'm sorry, there is no way I would send one of my puppies to a country who considers dog a delicacy. The way they are slaughtered is barbaric as well. Maybe some of the well educated college professors there could start a campaign against that type of animal cruelty. There may be idiots here who fight dogs, but it's illegal and if they're caught there will be consequences. It's legal to eat dogs there so sending one to any Asian country makes no sense to me, other than a breeder here going after $$$ where they should not!

RM

.... Oh, and just for your info as well, many of us don't eat dogs...or cats, or horses. Heck my son don't even eat meat!

From your age I know that you are not the gentleman I am selling to, but thank you for coming on here and posting. Sometimes those who "think" they are open minded and loving are indeed nothing more than ignorant racists with holier than thou complexes. That's much of what I've seen in this post and it bothers me. To think that some people have the nerve to assume privately, then claim publicly that the Filipino people can't love their dogs like we do because of nationality or culture.

Blessings to you and your family (both human and canine)

Original Poster
RM

.... Oh, and just for your info as well, many of us don't eat dogs...or cats, or horses. Heck my son don't even eat meat!

From your age I know that you are not the gentleman I am selling to, but thank you for coming on here and posting. Sometimes those who "think" they are open minded and loving are indeed nothing more than ignorant racists with holier than thou complexes. That's much of what I've seen in this post and it bothers me. To think that some people have the nerve to assume privately, then claim publicly that the Filipino people can't love their dogs like we do because of nationality or culture.

No one is saying that there are not Filipino people who can't love their dogs. What is being said is you're sending your dog off to a country where it's OK to eat them. What if, God forbid, the dog you sent became lost or was sent to another home during it's lifetime there? You're looking at a timeframe of possibly 15 years where alot can happen. Will it? Hopefully not, but that's not a chance most breeders would take. Obviously, you are not one of those breeders. You're going to justify it no matter what.

I forgot to mention that it is illegal to eat dogs in the Philippines and I've never heard of anyone eating purebred dogs. The law was passed in 1998.
Much of what you've seen are images taken from activities done illegally. Have you seen how they slaughter some of the livestock there, the pigs, chickens, cows etc. Those are legal right? how about the seals, sharks, dolphins, whales, minks, racoons, alligators, etc?

Lenches Gallivant, Hirsipirtin Turtle, Waterbound Harrigan, Paradocs Tabatha Stonehenge, Hyspire Fire and Brimstone. Rocheby Blue etc. and many others lived here. Foxrush, Priorise, Veyatie, Driftway, Croftsway, Chasers, Kai Den, Shadowglen, Cedarwoods, CME, Trendmakers, Guidelines, Mallorns, Silronrays, Tapeatom, Chablais, Fawnhaven, Whistlestop, Belgairn, Ashways, Penara, Lobuff, Forsythe, Znfndel, etc etc have all sent dogs here. Many many more for other breeds since after the 50's or earlier. None were or have been eaten!

Here's a bit of history.
The Spanish rule in the islands ended when Spain and the United States signed the treaty of Paris on December 10, 1898. It was an agreement between the two countries to pass the possession of the Philippines to the United States in exchange of $20 million. Not being able to consult the Filipinos, this arrogant settlement resulted to a new resistance and battle for freedom.

By mid-1901 the US had squashed the Filipino independence movement, although fighting continued on separate islands for many more years. Fifteen times as many US soldiers died in the Philippines than did in Cuba and the war cost the US $600 million (although spurring on the war industry machine and the US economy). At the same time, 200,000 Filipinos died, of which only 1 out of every 10 were combatants.

>>I forgot to mention that it is illegal to eat dogs in the Philippines and I've never heard of anyone eating purebred dogs. The law was passed in 1998.
Much of what you've seen are images taken from activities done illegally. Have you seen how they slaughter some of the livestock there, the pigs, chickens, cows etc. Those are legal right? how about the seals, sharks, dolphins, whales, minks, racoons, alligators, etc?>>

They are "ILLEGALLY" trapping dolphins and small whales in a cove off the coast of Japan right now. The graphic details were shown on TV last night hoping to get the word out to the world what is happening. Dolphins in captivity are caught this way and sold for human entertainment, the rest are slaughtered viciously. Is it suppose to be going on?? No it's illegal, but that doesn't stop them. Don't say they don't eat purebred dogs in Asian countries, because that is not the case. Just the fact that you live in a culture that finds dog meat appealing is enough of a reason to keep dogs out of there.

Original Poster
RM

Thank you and God bless you all and thank you for your understanding.
It may not be me but I probably know the gentleman and he me. We are a small Lab community.

I'd like to answer your question now:

Guidelines for the Importation of Live Pet Animals to the Philippines
FOR DOGS AND CATS
1. Apply for an import permit with the Animal Health Division (AHD), Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI) by writing a letter addressed to the BAI director containing the following
information:
a. species and breed of animal
b. sex, color and number of pets
c. expected date of arrival
The BAI address and contact number is:
Animal Health Division*
Bureau of Animal Industry
Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
Telephone no. (632) 928 2743; Fax no. (632) 928 2836
*Always inquire for new rates on inspection fees
2. If the number of animals to be brought to the Philippines exceeds five, the animals have to be inspected at quarantine site.
3. Issuance and inspection fees are 50 pesos and 165 pesos for the first two heads and 220 pesos for each succeeding head, respectively. Payment may be made upon arrival at the Veterinary Quarantine Unit, Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
4. A valid health certificate (issued shortly before shipment) from the country of origin must be presented upon arrival.
The permit is good for 2 months. Extension for another month may be requested before the
permit's expiry date.
FOR EXOTIC ANIMALS
1. Apply for an import permit as in A, number 1.
2. Arrange schedule with AHD for inspection of the quarantine site.
3. A CITES certification issued by the Parks and Wildlife Bureau shall be presented.
4. Issuance and inspection fees are 40 pesos and 10 to 50 pesos per head (depending on
the size of the animal), respectively.
5. A valid health certificate from the country of origin shall be presented upon arrival.

Plant Quarantine Services:
Bureau of Plant Industry
612 San Andres, Malate, Manila
Tel. No.: (632) 404 0409
Fax. No.: (632) 521 7650 Email:bpinir@info.com.ph

The permit is good for 2 months. Extension for another month may be requested before the permit's expiry date.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PETS ENTERING THE PHILIPPINES
1. IMPORT PERMIT from the Bureau of Animal Industry located at:

Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI)
Animal Health Division
Visayas Avenue
Diliman, Quezon City
Philippines
Tel. No. (632) 928-1778 or (632) 928-2836
Fax No. (632) 926-6866 or (632) 928-2177

1. HEALTH CERTIFICATE issued by a duly licensed veterinarian or the U.S.
Department of Agriculture dated not more than 30 days before arrival in the
Philippines. It should certify that the animal is free from, and has not been
recently exposed to, any dangerous or communicable disease, and that it has
been given anti-rabies and other required inoculations.

1. CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY by the Philippine Consulate General. The
Health Certificate should be presented to any Philippine Consulate General
shortly before shipment for authentication. The fee is $25.00 per set of
documents. If sent by mail, payment should be in money order payable to the
Philippine Consulate General. Please enclose a self-addressed stamped
envelope for return mail.

NOTE: The Import Permit and the authenticated Health Certificate should be presented at the airport upon arrival of the pet. ..

Really?
>>I forgot to mention that it is illegal to eat dogs in the Philippines and I've never heard of anyone eating purebred dogs. The law was passed in 1998.
Much of what you've seen are images taken from activities done illegally. Have you seen how they slaughter some of the livestock there, the pigs, chickens, cows etc. Those are legal right? how about the seals, sharks, dolphins, whales, minks, racoons, alligators, etc?>>

They are "ILLEGALLY" trapping dolphins and small whales in a cove off the coast of Japan right now. The graphic details were shown on TV last night hoping to get the word out to the world what is happening. Dolphins in captivity are caught this way and sold for human entertainment, the rest are slaughtered viciously. Is it suppose to be going on?? No it's illegal, but that doesn't stop them. Don't say they don't eat purebred dogs in Asian countries, because that is not the case. Just the fact that you live in a culture that finds dog meat appealing is enough of a reason to keep dogs out of there.

I've never been encouraged to eat dogs in my life and this culture you speak of is not of the majority of us. The generalization is unfair.

If you don't want your dogs here then I won't expect to see them here.

RM
Really?

I've never been encouraged to eat dogs in my life and this culture you speak of is not of the majority of us. The generalization is unfair.

If you don't want your dogs here then I won't expect to see them here.

We need Ritva on this topic. A retired Finnish stewardess who saw alot in her travels. No amount of money (or pesos) could convince me it's a good idea, so that is correct, don't expect to see one of my dogs there.

I have actually lived in China, and I now teach many international students. I personally would not sell overseas. There are many families in Asia who adore their pets, but should that animal be lost, they would have no control over what happens. Just yesterday, one of my Vietnamese students said to me that he was jealous of dog owners here, because they cannot walk their dog. When I asked why, he said that dogs are very commonly stolen from their owners while on walks. In his words, they are then either sold as pets or used for food.

Again, many people in Asia adore their pets, but in a place where they are still consider by many to be an appropriate protein source, I wouldn`t chose to place my pups there.

I wouldn't ever send a dog there. Not ever!

Vietnam is not the Philippines. They also eat dogs in Mexico and Switzerland, would you send your dogs there? Or how about now that many people from dog eating countries, have migrated to the US. There are a large number of Mexicans, Chinese, Filipino's, Vietnamese, Koreans in America. Since you consider dog eating as part of a culture, does that make America now a country with people that, by culture, eat dogs? You may have laws against it but laws are broken every day. How do know you if that Filipino Doctor isn't eating dog meat while he's there? Or maybe the Filipino cook of the President might have other dish ideas in the menu. Does it exempt them because they now live in America? Would you like it to be identified by culture as hunters who shoot big games so they can mount their heads and stand their carcass up for display as trophies?

Just as with the people of America, the people of the Philippines come from many different ethnic groups. Most of us have never eaten dogs and never will.

Again, if you don't want to send your dogs here, then don't. But please, don't make sweeping remarks and statements for something you lack understanding or knowledge of.

I was thinking of selling a puppy on full registration to a bordering country. After some emails where I have been spoken down to, I'm starting to wonder if this is in my best interest.

I think selling a puppy to any other country than your own due to distance can give some of us anxiety. I have it right now and may back out due to a few pushy emails.

Some people forget, until a puppy changes hands it's the BREEDER'S puppies and we shouldn't be pushed around with immediate demands unnecessarily.

You get more flies with honey buyers.

I am fed up with ignorant people and their idiotic ideas. There are a great many US citizens int the good old US of A who I would never sell a dog to. There are dogs being tortured , starved and beaten in your own states. All 50 of them and in the US Territories, as well. And yes, there are dogs being EATEN in the the US. So where do all of you self- righteous people get off criticizing anyone. You are maligning entire countries and cultures, yet the forum rules plainly state that no disparaging remarks are to be permitted against anyone. You people are truly sickening in your attitudes and I find it absolutely shameful.

Fed up
I am fed up with ignorant people and their idiotic ideas. There are a great many US citizens int the good old US of A who I would never sell a dog to. There are dogs being tortured , starved and beaten in your own states. All 50 of them and in the US Territories, as well. And yes, there are dogs being EATEN in the the US. So where do all of you self- righteous people get off criticizing anyone. You are maligning entire countries and cultures, yet the forum rules plainly state that no disparaging remarks are to be permitted against anyone. You people are truly sickening in your attitudes and I find it absolutely shameful.

I find anyone who says it's OK to transport their dog/puppy to a country where there's even a remote chance of him ending up tortured and on someone's dinner plate appalling. This needs to stop, not condoned or excuses made that people who have the compassion to think twice before loading their pup on a plane (to who knows what) are a bunch of self righteous people who get off on criticizing. The fact remains they eat dogs there, they will steal dogs to eat, they have an "underground railroad" type of set up where dogs are loaded and crammed in together until they meet their fate. There is also some ridiculous belief that the meat is more tender considering how they are killed so they are hung up and skinned alive, something about the adrenaline or fear in the dog is believed to produce better quality meat. Are they nuts??? You can google dog meat trade and see it for yourself. It's sickening.

$$$$$$$
Fed up

I find anyone who says it's OK to transport their dog/puppy to a country where there's even a remote chance of him ending up tortured and on someone's dinner plate appalling. This needs to stop, not condoned or excuses made that people who have the compassion to think twice before loading their pup on a plane (to who knows what) are a bunch of self righteous people who get off on criticizing. The fact remains they eat dogs there, they will steal dogs to eat, they have an "underground railroad" type of set up where dogs are loaded and crammed in together until they meet their fate. There is also some ridiculous belief that the meat is more tender considering how they are killed so they are hung up and skinned alive, something about the adrenaline or fear in the dog is believed to produce better quality meat. Are they nuts??? You can google dog meat trade and see it for yourself. It's sickening.

So by your own argument you find it appalling that any dogs are sold in the United States since cruelty against dogs exists here. Dogs are stolen in the US. Dogs are starved, beaten, burned alive, crammed into tiny cages for their entire lives, yes, and EATEN here. You can google this too. You cannot condemn an entire country by the acts of some. How quick people are to scream that Michael Vick should endure the same treatment as his dogs, yet then point fingers at other countries to condemn them as being the places where these atrocities happen. I still do not understand why it is forbidden to say unpleasant things about an individual on this forum but allowable to malign an entire group.

If all is good you'd hear nothing, but anything bad and it catches everyone's attention and many are quick to Judge by what they see, hear and read about. Hatred is spread in much the same way. That is very sad.

I would like that all my post on the topic be deleted please. Thank you.

Fed up
$$$$$$$
Fed up

So by your own argument you find it appalling that any dogs are sold in the United States since cruelty against dogs exists here. Dogs are stolen in the US. Dogs are starved, beaten, burned alive, crammed into tiny cages for their entire lives, yes, and EATEN here. You can google this too. You cannot condemn an entire country by the acts of some. How quick people are to scream that Michael Vick should endure the same treatment as his dogs, yet then point fingers at other countries to condemn them as being the places where these atrocities happen. I still do not understand why it is forbidden to say unpleasant things about an individual on this forum but allowable to malign an entire group.

Cruelty exists everywhere and that includes putting money ahead of your dogs best interest. There are too many Michael Vicks, but at least he is one who sat his ass in prison for a few years thinking about what he did. Once again, what he did was for $$$$. Would you send your puppy to a country that eats dogs for free? It's all about money at our dogs expense. Wouldn't chance it, not now, not ever.

I screen everyone as individuals. There are risks everywhere and we all have to do what what makes us comfortable - there is no need to spew speculated scenarios. There are plenty of people in this country (U.S.)that I would not even remotely consider selling a puppy. Same thing goes with stud service - if I would not sell them a puppy I sure as heck would not allow them to breed to my boys.

I have always been proud to be an American with all of our freedom and Laws. We in California were raised and taught at our schools about racism and atrocites against mankind. Maybe the other states didn't teach the same. I see that the horrors of the past have not changed the way people think they are better than another race or country.

These posting have made me open my eyes to the hate and racism that is still rampant in the United States. It's amasing that by the year 2000 no one has learned anything. I apologize for the US citizens that have posted these terrible remarks about other people and their countries. This is so sad. It is hopefully just a few of us.

You sound just like our President, apologizing for the people on here who are expressing their right to free speech. Racism in its true form is nothing like what a few people on here are talking about. They are simply "stereotyping" a culture historically known for eating dog. It is not hate or racism although throwing those words into the debate is one of the quickest ways to shut it down. Regardless of if you feel it is right or wrong, that is their right. You don't need to apologize for that. We have become so overly sensitive to the possibility of offending someone that in order to maintain being PC we are compromising our own values. Who and where we want to send our puppies is our business.

Unless you've been there, seen it, have solid facts about how many of the puppies that breeders have sent over seas that have had perfectly normal lives vs those that became dinner, then you are just blowing hot air. Which of course is your right do to so, just be prepared for those opinions who do not agree with you. Carry on.

Lazy Lab
I have always been proud to be an American with all of our freedom and Laws. We in California were raised and taught at our schools about racism and atrocites against mankind. Maybe the other states didn't teach the same. I see that the horrors of the past have not changed the way people think they are better than another race or country.

These posting have made me open my eyes to the hate and racism that is still rampant in the United States. It's amasing that by the year 2000 no one has learned anything. I apologize for the US citizens that have posted these terrible remarks about other people and their countries. This is so sad. It is hopefully just a few of us.

Just last June, while in Singapore, as I sat on a table to have my dinner at an Indian restaurant, a senior Danish Business man sat with me and we had a chat. Found out he was married to a Filipina and had spent much time in the Philippines. He's been to many countries due to the nature of his business. We talked about Politics, religion, life in general. When it came to morals and values, he had noticed how such has deteriorated in America. I replied otherwise.

I have met many good people in America as I have had opportunities to visit a few times over the last 10 years. I told him that the American people are not like what we see on TV. It is unfortunate that much of the exaggerations about American life is taken to be the real thing. That all that politics, sex and violence, killings on TV, depicts the American way of life. I begged to disagree as I wanted to believe in the goodness of the people. Those I've met personally and professionally, been to church with, trained with, strangers that said hello as you walked by, old friends that remember our good times together. Those who continue to live by the traditional values of respect and good manners. I also had a chance to visit breeders there who were patient with my questions and gladly shared their knowledge. Breeders who wouldn't hesitate to send a puppy to me, not because of money, but out the friendship and trust that transcended our differences.

Many Filipinos here have friends and relatives living there. Many of my high school and college batch mates have settled there. Thus despite what people hear, rather than be scared and avoid going, they focus on the good image of America and go. There are risk of course in all things we do but it doesn't stop us, for the goodness in people makes the journey worth it.

It ultimately all boils down to who you're sending your puppy to. If I care enough and know that that puppy would be in danger, then I personally would not even ask you to send it to me. I understand the danger, I also understand the safety and the environment that the puppy will live in. Our pets are our family, be they purebred, mongrel or the stray kittens we've picked up and raised and now share our bed. As I said earlier, those Labs imported in the past, died naturally. However, as much as I have tried to gain your trust, I do not speak for everyone and you do have to be very careful on who you send your dogs to, regardless of where that might be.

I'd like to wish the American breeders success in your Labrador endeavors, may everything you do go as planned and that your puppies go to the best homes as all puppies should. That your pets remain safe and healthy, that no matter what happens, none that you have bred end up in shelters. That you will take them back when promises are not kept, that you will breed only for yourself and not to meet market demand. May you be guided by the good Lord in your pursuit of breeding to the best interest of the breed.

Who and where we want to send our puppies is our business.

I agree with your statement and it's your right to express your opinion. I am Republican BTW.
Several peoples cultures have been bashed here. They must feel terrible to know that you feel this way about them. The whole world can see these posts. What is that saying about us?
There is an old saying we were taught as children, "If you don't have something good to say, don't say it."

Unless you've been there, seen it, have solid facts about how many of the puppies that breeders have sent over seas that have had perfectly normal lives vs those that became dinner, then you are just blowing hot air. Which of course is your right do to so, just be prepared for those opinions who do not agree with you. Carry on.

I don't care if you have been there, seen it and have solid facts. One post about this was enough! All the Breeder asked was how to ship...move on!

Who and where we want to send our puppies is our business.

I agree with your statement and it's your right to express your opinion. I am Republican BTW.
Several peoples cultures have been bashed here. They must feel terrible to know that you feel this way about them. The whole world can see these posts. What is that saying about us?
There is an old saying we were taught as children, "If you don't have something good to say, don't say it."

I don't care if you have been there, seen it and have solid facts. One post about this was enough! All the Breeder asked was how to ship...move on!

[/quote]

I think it would be interesting for everyone to reflect upon why the term "Ugly American" is so widely used to describe so many of the type of people posting on this forum. It does not mean in terms of physical form,but constitutes a defect in either ethics or character. Those in foreign countries often use this term. What does that say about us???

It's like being a Republican or Democrat. No amount of rhetoric will change my mind as to what party I will vote. This thread isn't going to change anyone's mind. You're either the type of breeder who has no problem shipping their puppies to parts unknown or you're the type of breeder who says absolutely not, they're my babies and will not be shipped overseas, especially if there is a remote chance something bad could happen. I'm the type who says absolutely not.

Rep/Dem
It's like being a Republican or Democrat. No amount of rhetoric will change my mind as to what party I will vote. This thread isn't going to change anyone's mind. You're either the type of breeder who has no problem shipping their puppies to parts unknown or you're the type of breeder who says absolutely not, they're my babies and will not be shipped overseas, especially if there is a remote chance something bad could happen. I'm the type who says absolutely not.
Exceptionally well put!

It's also like the time when I moved from the deep South to the Northwest - my friends in the South asked how I could move to a place with "skinheads". I replied that I survived the KKK, I suppose I could survive the skinheads! I found the whole idea absurd.

No one apologizes for free speech, only for people who are stupid. While people do and say things because they are free to do so, it does not mean what they say or do is not idiotic or irresponsible!

Every place has its good and bad. Yes, there are problems everywhere and one has to be careful. If one does not want to sell to someone in another country, that is your choice. But to say that someone who makes a different choice is putting their puppies in harm's way is ignorant unless you know first hand of the particular situation.

$$$$$$$

Do not sell any dogs to people in Maryland!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/prosecution-struggles-in-2nd-trial-for-twins-accused-of-setting-pit-bull-on-fire/

Special message for $$$$$$$$$$$$ , Many Atrocities, et al:

Do not sell any dogs to people in Texas!

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-11/news/32636608_1_tongue-texas-cops-animal-cruelty

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/michael-daniel-eating-dog_n_1627786.html

Do not sell any dogs to people in Hawaii!

http://www.envirowatch.org/Koko1.htm

Do not sell dogs to anyone in Georgia!

http://www.examiner.com/article/emaciated-puppy-discovered-georgia?CID=obinsite

Do not sell dogs to anyone in New Jersey!

http://www.examiner.com/article/discovery-of-tortured-family-dog-new-jersey-prompts-warning-to-owners?CID=obinsite

Bottom line....do not sell to anyone in any state in the USA since the citizens torture, kill, and or eat dogs.

In the past 3 years alone, about 15 Labs have been imported into the Philippines. 8 to 9 of them from the US, 1 from the UK, and France, a couple from Poland and the Netherlands (not sure if I missed any). All of them are still with us and competing in shows. Next year Mr. Richard Edwards of Lasgarn will be Judging our Specialty. In the past 10 years we have been honored by the Judging of highly respected Judges, Carole Coode, the Nolans, Mrs. Prior, Judith Charlton, Wiles Fone, Spagnolo, Spanswick, Roy among others. The PCCI holds monthly all breed shows which allows us to compete regularly but sadly not quite to the level we would like under all breed Judges.

Those who import Labs take this hobby very seriously. They want the best to be shown and to be bred so that we too can enjoy the pleasure of owning quality Labradors. We have limited stocks and importing is a way to infuse new blood to take the quality to higher and higher levels. Those that import know the cost, the time and effort and the pampering that needs to be given for these imports to shine and excel to bring out the best in them. They have dedicated caretakers to help them full time, they pay professional handlers for shows and are there watching with excitement, hoping for the big win. But even more important are the friendship built around the competition.

All sounds familiar? It all happens here. Thus if you think we love them less and will expose them to undue danger....that is ignorance. They are family and we will protect them with our lives just as many of you would.

I made a commitment to the breeder I imported from, I've keep in touch and send pictures and videos to constantly reassure her that her boy is in good hands, the affection and attention given and how her love for this puppy has been extended by our family.

I forgot the 2 UK bred (Rocheby) imports and 1 from Canada within the last 2 months. That makes for about 18 Labs the last 3 years. The prices paid range from USD X,500 to X,000 for a puppy and XX,000 to XX,000 USD for an adult, pointed or titled. 3 are Am Champs and 1 Canadian Champ. They live in air-conditioned kennels with 24 hour kennel hand watching over them. On call vets, large secured playgrounds and the best diets. Many would be envious of how they are pampered.

It is insulting to think that owners would allow them to be made into dinner, which is how many of you have made us feel.

I hope this doesn't get any uglier than it already is.

Danger!!!
$$$$$$$

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/prosecution-struggles-in-2nd-trial-for-twins-accused-of-setting-pit-bull-on-fire/

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-11/news/32636608_1_tongue-texas-cops-animal-cruelty

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/michael-daniel-eating-dog_n_1627786.html

http://www.examiner.com/article/discovery-of-tortured-family-dog-new-jersey-prompts-warning-to-owners?CID=obinsite

Bottom line....do not sell to anyone in any state in the USA since the citizens torture, kill, and or eat dogs.

Sorry Danger but I don't think this is necessary. The point is made. I hope it is deleted.

Screening
It's also like the time when I moved from the deep South to the Northwest - my friends in the South asked how I could move to a place with "skinheads". I replied that I survived the KKK, I suppose I could survive the skinheads! I found the whole idea absurd.

No one apologizes for free speech, only for people who are stupid. While people do and say things because they are free to do so, it does not mean what they say or do is not idiotic or irresponsible!

Every place has its good and bad. Yes, there are problems everywhere and one has to be careful. If one does not want to sell to someone in another country, that is your choice. But to say that someone who makes a different choice is putting their puppies in harm's way is ignorant unless you know first hand of the particular situation.

As mentioned there are breeders who will take the chance, there are breeders who will not. You can bet if you're one who makes the decision to do it, you will be thought of that way. I, for one, have very little respect for anyone who would chance it, I don't care who the breeder is or how long they have been in the sport.

Danger!!!
$$$$$$$

Just a tad radical, Danger? Show me the dog meat wagons in NY, MD, TX, etc.

Any length to prove your point?

Just a tad radical, Danger? Show me the dog meat wagons in NY, MD, TX, etc.[/quote

The Philippines passed national laws prohibiting the consumption of dog meat years ago. It was still legal in some US states to kill and eat dogs just a few years ago, and it still may be legal to do so. Don't condemn an entire foreign country when your own permits this practice. Atrocities happen every day in your own back yards...do not condemn others when you have work to do to prevent such things happening by your neighbors.

Danger!!!
Any length to prove your point?

Just a tad radical, Danger? Show me the dog meat wagons in NY, MD, TX, etc.[/quote

The Philippines passed national laws prohibiting the consumption of dog meat years ago. It was still legal in some US states to kill and eat dogs just a few years ago, and it still may be legal to do so. Don't condemn an entire foreign country when your own permits this practice. Atrocities happen every day in your own back yards...do not condemn others when you have work to do to prevent such things happening by your neighbors.

Are you writing from the Philippines? Comparing US states to different countries and cultures, etc is self-contradictory.

I live in, and am writing from the state of Georgia, USA. I am born and bred 100% American, not that it is relevant to this discussion.

We are American citizens living in the Philippines and are also serious Lab enthusiasts. To our fellow Americans, non of the negative accusations are happening here in the Philippines, possibly in remote villages that only national geographic can go to because of it's remoteness. Reality is, imported Labs or dogs for that matter are treated like royalty here in the Philippines. Pls. refrain from judging based on hear say or from what you see on TV..it's just for show.

RM, Need not to explain, the wise ones know. Quit wasting your time explaining to so called breeders/pet owners whose dogs may not be even of export quality or from a short list of kennels worth importing from. History has proven that top, proven and desirable kennels have sent dogs in the Philippines and that's all that MATTERS. Dogs like; AM CH Lenches Gallivant (sire of Gordy), BRA GR/INT/AM/PAN AM/SO AM CH HIRSIPIRTIN TURTLE AT LOBUFF (Sire of Turtle Dove), Ch. Paradoc's Tabatha's Stonehenge (Sire of Mason) and countless many many many others...

The point of importing is for the improvement of the breed and the proven credible kennels worldwide has shown us that support. END OF STORY

The point of importing is for the improvement of the breed and the proven credible kennels worldwide has shown us that support. END OF STORY[/quote]

>>>The prices paid range from USD X,500 to X,000 for a puppy and XX,000 to XX,000 USD for an adult, pointed or titled. 3 are Am Champs and 1 Canadian Champ.>>>

The point of importing has just as much to do with money. Isn't one kennel you mentioned having to do with missing teeth? It all depends on what your interpretation is of a CH. Give me a break!

"The point of importing has just as much to do with money."
Every hobby requires money, there is always a seller and a willing buyer ...nothing wrong with that!

"Isn't one kennel you mentioned having to do with missing teeth?"
The standard says only scissors bite. MRW doesn't think missing teeth is an issue.It's a personal preference not a fault.

You sound like big sour grape! Why? You don't get good offers for your dogs? Does it make you feel good to bash other kennels?..I bet those dogs even without thier teeth are far more superior than your stock. What a looser!

Give me a break!
Every hobby requires money, there is always a seller and a willing buyer ...nothing wrong with that!

The standard says only scissors bite. MRW doesn't think missing teeth is an issue.It's a personal preference not a fault.

You sound like big sour grape! Why? You don't get good offers for your dogs? Does it make you feel good to bash other kennels?..I bet those dogs even without thier teeth are far more superior than your stock. What a looser!

Just like pulling out the race card, it was only a matter of time before "sour grapes" surfaced.
>>What a looser!>> Spell much?

Story
Give me a break!

Just like pulling out the race card, it was only a matter of time before "sour grapes" surfaced.
>>What a looser!>> Spell much?

Okay, Story....how is this productive? Spelling skills are insignificant when compared with social skills and good manners.

Stop and think about this thread. All you people have done is proven to the world the reputation of America and it's people is founded. This thread IMHO should be pulled. It's a disgrace, it's racist and prejudice.

Would you stop! Ugly ladies ! You are really ugly as it use to be on that anonymous forum...

I told myself I was not going to get involved with this thread. However, after reading some of the replys I decided to. I lived in the Philippines close to 20 years ago when my dad was stationed over there. Yes, it was no secret that dogs were being consumed. Alot more common place than I expected. Also, it wasn't unheard of to hear about dogs being stolen. I personally would not sell a dog there, but that is my own choice. I believe everyone has a right to make there own choices that they can live with. I understand that some of the nice imports are treated like royality. I would worry about the ones that for what ever reason did not work out. What about the owner who decides to place the dog in a pet home once retired? What about the get that are produced from these dogs? Yes, I feel we have a responcibility to them as well. Yes, the states are'nt perfect. Theres issues here as well, but I can't live with myself knowing there is even a possibility that any of the above might happen to a dog I bred and cared for.

Moving forward, I live in southern California, one of my neighbors is retired military. They are of Philippino descent. About 7 years ago my kids came up to me very upset about something they heard there freinds talking about. It turns out, my neighbors kids were telling them that there parents were consuming there dogs. I told my kids that they were just joking with you. They then told me that the kids were complaining that they wouldn't even eat it, but there mother would prepare it for special occaisions. I ended up going outside to talk to the 2 boys my kids played with, where they told me the whole story as well. My neighbors always had anywhere between 2 to 4 dogs at a time. They pretty much ran all over the place at times. Didn't think anything of it except for the fact they were not good pet owners. The dogs over time were different, always thought they got out and were lost. Now I know better. They also had alot of other animals(livestock) as well which I knew were for food. Never would I have ever thought that this would be going on litterally in my own "backyard". I figure there kids must of told there parents they talked to me, because about 2 weeks later the dogs were gone and we have not seen any since.

This incident, has troubled my kids and me to this day. It is something we will never forget.

Dog Eating Stereotype

http://sfsuyellowjournal.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/do-filipino-americans-eat-dogs-filipinos-filipino-americans-and-the-dog-eating-stereotype/

Story
The point of importing is for the improvement of the breed and the proven credible kennels worldwide has shown us that support. END OF STORY

>>>The prices paid range from USD X,500 to X,000 for a puppy and XX,000 to XX,000 USD for an adult, pointed or titled. 3 are Am Champs and 1 Canadian Champ.>>>

The point of importing has just as much to do with money. Isn't one kennel you mentioned having to do with missing teeth? It all depends on what your interpretation is of a CH. Give me a break![/quote]

??? There is no dog in the history of the breed that does not have faults - if you think that a dog has to have none before being imported you are living in a fantasy world. I am personally not a fan of missing teeth, but I am also not a fan of a poor work ethic, low tailsets, open coats, light eyes, poor feet, chests below the elbow, upright shoulders, etc etc etc. We all have our bugaboos in our lines that we try to improve, but there will always be something. It is the overall quality of the dog and what they produce that is important.

One does not have to go out of the U.S. to find people out for money or anything else. We have our "silver" breeders, people breeding to 8-10 month old puppy dogs yet charging the same price for those puppies as those out of proven dogs with full clearances, people opting not to breed an all black litter because chocolates and yellows are an easier sell, etc.

I think when dealing with anyone, evaluating the particular situation on its own merits yields the best results.

Anon
I told myself I was not going to get involved with this thread. However, after reading some of the replys I decided to. I lived in the Philippines close to 20 years ago when my dad was stationed over there. Yes, it was no secret that dogs were being consumed. Alot more common place than I expected. Also, it wasn't unheard of to hear about dogs being stolen. I personally would not sell a dog there, but that is my own choice. I believe everyone has a right to make there own choices that they can live with. I understand that some of the nice imports are treated like royality. ......

Moving forward, I live in southern California, one of my neighbors is retired military. They are of Philippino descent. About 7 years ago my kids came up to me very upset about something they heard there freinds talking about. It turns out, my neighbors kids were telling them that there parents were consuming there dogs. I told my kids that they were just joking with you. They then told me that the kids were complaining that they wouldn't even eat it, but there mother would prepare it for special occaisions. I ended up going outside to talk to the 2 boys my kids played with, where they told me the whole story as well. My neighbors always had anywhere between 2 to 4 dogs at a time. They pretty much ran all over the place at times. Didn't think anything of it except for the fact they were not good pet owners. The dogs over time were different, always thought they got out and were lost. Now I know better. They also had alot of other animals(livestock) as well which I knew were for food. Never would I have ever thought that this would be going on litterally in my own "backyard". I figure there kids must of told there parents they talked to me, because about 2 weeks later the dogs were gone and we have not seen any since.

This incident, has troubled my kids and me to this day. It is something we will never forget.

So Anon, you base the first part of your judgment on experiences you had as a kid more than 20 years ago, where you were lumped with a bunch of other judgmental Americans on a military base. When I was a kid, our neighborhood had dogs stolen too, how on EARTH do you know it was for food! Get real. Were you also young enough to believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Clause when you were hearing these stories? When I was young, we had an old man who lived down the street and the kids were SURE his house was haunted and he kidnapped little kids and kept them in his basement. Kids don't percieve the same way adults do, and experiences get skewed over time.

Then you mention your neighbors in America who eat dogs. (Again, from the mouths of kids) So based on your experience, I will NEVER sell my dogs to California because your neighbors eat dog meat!

I screen EACH of my puppy buyers very well and always have. I turn away several puppy buyers with each litter I have.

You people AMAZE me!

It's like you all live in these little judgmental bubbles, and can't see reality past your own skewed perception of it.

I was born in the south but grew up in the North, and most of the enlightened were actually nothing more than the arrogant. They actually thought we didn't wear shoes, brush our teeth, or have IQs as high as theirs because of our accents.

Shows like COPS, Jersey Shore, Hillbilly Hand Fishin', Hoarders and other American "reality" TV all focus on extreme and unusual issues/people and I've never met anyone who fits into those molds (thankfully).

If you negative people can't see that judging an entire country and people by a few EXTREME images/stories is like assuming all southerners are secret members of the KKK, all women from New Jersey act like Snookie, and 1/4 of all Americans hoard, then I give up.

original poster
Anon
I told myself I was not going to get involved with this thread. However, after reading some of the replys I decided to. I lived in the Philippines close to 20 years ago when my dad was stationed over there. Yes, it was no secret that dogs were being consumed. Alot more common place than I expected. Also, it wasn't unheard of to hear about dogs being stolen. I personally would not sell a dog there, but that is my own choice. I believe everyone has a right to make there own choices that they can live with. I understand that some of the nice imports are treated like royality. ......

So Anon, you base the first part of your judgment on experiences you had as a kid more than 20 years ago, where you were lumped with a bunch of other judgmental Americans on a military base. When I was a kid, our neighborhood had dogs stolen too, how on EARTH do you know it was for food! Get real. Were you also young enough to believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Clause when you were hearing these stories? When I was young, we had an old man who lived down the street and the kids were SURE his house was haunted and he kidnapped little kids and kept them in his basement. Kids don't percieve the same way adults do, and experiences get skewed over time.

Then you mention your neighbors in America who eat dogs. (Again, from the mouths of kids) So based on your experience, I will NEVER sell my dogs to California because your neighbors eat dog meat!

I screen EACH of my puppy buyers very well and always have. I turn away several puppy buyers with each litter I have.

You people AMAZE me!

It's like you all live in these little judgmental bubbles, and can't see reality past your own skewed perception of it.

I was born in the south but grew up in the North, and most of the enlightened were actually nothing more than the arrogant. They actually thought we didn't wear shoes, brush our teeth, or have IQs as high as theirs because of our accents.

Shows like COPS, Jersey Shore, Hillbilly Hand Fishin', Hoarders and other American "reality" TV all focus on extreme and unusual issues/people and I've never met anyone who fits into those molds (thankfully).

If you negative people can't see that judging an entire country and people by a few EXTREME images/stories is like assuming all southerners are secret members of the KKK, all women from New Jersey act like Snookie, and 1/4 of all Americans hoard, then I give up.

Sell your dogs to the Philippines Original Poster. The only one who has to live with your decision is you (and, of course, your dogs who have no choice in the matter.)

To Sell sell sell; I don't see where the OP asked for any of your opinions or permission if she should or shouldn't work with someone in the Phillipines. She asked about procedures.

I have never sold out of my country but I know of a couple of dogs that went to the Phillipines and are living wonderful lives there, 1 in particular.

You people are making us all look like Ugly Americans. It's each breeder's choice to sell to who they want to. When dogs are sold to Japan where there is little area to run and play does anyone say anything? If it's a big name breeder do you say anything directly to them or just behind their backs?

I think this posting should end already. Most of you have already made jackasses out of the Labrador community by a few mean opinions about a particular country. I think it's time to shut up already. Im allowed my opinion about posts after watching this ugly thread get way out of hand. I didn't say if I would or wouldn't sell to the Phillipines and I won't. No one asked me for my opinion on if the OP should sell to another country so I'm not announcing what I would do. Matter of fact, I don't know what I would do as I judge the person buying a puppy, not their nationality or country they live in.

Don't sell to Canada either!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/09/27/ottawa-pembroke-man-attacks-dog.html

The ones making idiots out of themselves are the ones comparing the USA, Canada, etc. to countries who look at dog meat as a delicacy. It is what it is and making stupid comparisons is ridiculous.

Ridiculous
The ones making idiots out of themselves are the ones comparing the USA, Canada, etc. to countries who look at dog meat as a delicacy. It is what it is and making stupid comparisons is ridiculous.
Keep going Ugly American. You're making a total fool of yourself. Leave it be already, it's not your dog or puppy to decide to who or where it winds up.

Just the thought that I might be chatting with you at a show, leaving the ring makes me ill. You're making American Labrador breeders look like evil, bigoted people.

Each case and person should be taken individually, not by the country they live in.

>>>BY - Born in the USA
Keep going Ugly American. You're making a total fool of yourself. Leave it be already, it's not your dog or puppy to decide to who or where it winds up.

>>>BY - Consider this
Sep 23, 2012 - 2:30PMQuoteReply Re: Question on selling to Philippines
I think it would be interesting for everyone to reflect upon why the term "Ugly American" is so widely used to describe so many of the type of people posting on this forum.

>>>BY - Enough Said Already
You people are making us all look like Ugly Americans.

I think you've made your point Ugly American.

Stop and think
Stop and think about this thread. All you people have done is proven to the world the reputation of America and it's people is founded. This thread IMHO should be pulled. It's a disgrace, it's racist and prejudice.

well said
Stop and think

Racist & prejudice. You forgot sour grapes.

IMHO

Racist & prejudice. You forgot sour grapes.

I think someone else mentioned that earlier in thread. LOL

What a joke. I'm glad the reasonable people on this forum and in the breeding community do not base their entire view of life on a few racists, hate mongers, sour grapers, and prejudice people posting on here (none of which is true. I just wanted to throw those words around again).

Ugly American
>>>BY - Born in the USA

>>>BY - Consider this
I think it would be interesting for everyone to reflect upon why the term "Ugly American" is so widely used to describe so many of the type of people posting on this forum.

You're a poor detective Ugly American. If you're trying to say those were my posts, you're wrong. I imagine other breeders use the terminology Ugly American also.

Born in the USA
Ugly American
>>>BY - Born in the USA

>>>BY - Consider this

You're a poor detective Ugly American. If you're trying to say those were my posts, you're wrong. I imagine other breeders use the terminology Ugly American also.

Detective