Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog Food prices

I just received a letter from my local Eukanuba/Iams distributor, and P & G is raising the prices on their professional feeding bags by an average of 24%, That is huge..a 24% increase all at once?? OUCH!

Hope the other compaies don't follow suit.

-Jill

Re: Dog Food prices

The cost of ingredients are going way up due to the drought in the mid west. Everyone's food bill is going to increase tremendously this winter.

Tractor Supply raised the price on Diamond Naturals C & R. Went up $3 this week for their large bag (now $32.99, was $29.99). I still have a couple on ProPlan SS &S, think I was paying $44 and change for the large bag last time I stocked up. I dread seeing where that is now.

I feed Kirkland and just bought more food. The chicken and rice went up $2 for the 40# bag, while the puppy food went down $2 for the 20# bag. Go figure.

anon
The cost of ingredients are going way up due to the drought in the mid west. Everyone's food bill is going to increase tremendously this winter.

Yes, we traveled through the midwest/west this summer to a relative's farm. They anticipate very high food prices this year. I've been stocking up for my human kids, but never thought of doing so for the fur kids! Thanks for posting, maybe can still get some dog food before prices go even higher.

By the way, it was scary as we traveled through many states with dry or no corn, etc. 100's of miles of dry unproductive fields.

I work in agriculture. All ingredient prices have gone up exponentially. Even though you may not feed food with corn, wheat or soy in it, all Food animals for consumption eat these products. So it is going to increase farmers cost of raising the animals. Thus our increase, it trickles down. It is not going to get any better for a while. Our food cost is going up also.

Going to be this way for a while. Hopefully we can keep our farms in business so we don't have to import our food from China. What a fiasco that would be.

Sue Puff

Well, it's getting really scary....I don't know what people are doing that have really mutiple dogs!!!! Another thing about feed for dogs or cows or whatever....once it goes up....it might go down a little, but not alot. My dogs are mostly geriatric dogs...or dogs that aren't being shown or bred...I've been feeding the new Purina Active Dog....I know it's probably not the best, but in 7-8 years...food has gone up sooooo much...I used to feed Pro Plan or whatever I wanted to feed...retired during those years..and just have to adjust...the dogs look great on the Purina, but it's not what I would want to feed if I were actively showing or breeding. As a side note...we have a cattle ranch...a round bale of hay is about $100 right now....20 cows will eat that in about a day. Hope this drought gets over soon.

Everything costs more because of the price of oil. It costs more to ship, and because of drought conditions, the cost of fuel for the water pumps to water the crops is outrageous! It all comes back to fuel. Drill baby drill!!!!

Drill Baby Drill!
Everything costs more because of the price of oil. It costs more to ship, and because of drought conditions, the cost of fuel for the water pumps to water the crops is outrageous! It all comes back to fuel. Drill baby drill!!!!

Drill baby drill...maybe we can have another disaster like we had in the gulf.

Drought
Drill Baby Drill!

Are you saying that because we had a spill, we should never drill anymore?? Ridiculous. Ignorant. People have car accidents every day. Should we stop driving? People get food poisoning...should we stop eating? We have the oil! Let's go get it! Then the prices of everything will come down!

Drought
Drill Baby Drill!

or we can have windmills killing birds. or wood fired stoves causing air pollution. or we can poison the ground water with mercury and chromium from old solar panels. or flooding from water powered facilities. etc. there are problems with everything and safer ways to do anything, even drilling. keep your minds open.

Drill Baby Drill!
Drought
Drill Baby Drill!

Are you saying that because we had a spill, we should never drill anymore?? Ridiculous. Ignorant. People have car accidents every day. Should we stop driving? People get food poisoning...should we stop eating? We have the oil! Let's go get it! Then the prices of everything will come down!

Hey Sarah Palin enthusiast, have you forgotten people died because we drilled at a location they were told NOT to drill? Get your head out of your a---!!

Drill Baby Drill!
Drought
Drill Baby Drill!

They need to be more careful. Otherwise, we're paying other countries for their oil and it's priced high as we all know. What other solutions do those of you that don't want drilling done have. Anything can cause a disaster if it's not done right & carefully.

Our gas was less then 1/2 the price when Obama was sworn in. I know, he has nothing to do with it right? Put the blame on everyone but the president.

its always something
Drought
Drill Baby Drill!

or we can have windmills killing birds. or wood fired stoves causing air pollution. or we can poison the ground water with mercury and chromium from old solar panels. or flooding from water powered facilities. etc. there are problems with everything and safer ways to do anything, even drilling. keep your minds open.
You hit the nail on the head. Thank u!

>>>>>>Our gas was less then 1/2 the price when Obama was sworn in. I know, he has nothing to do with it right? Put the blame on everyone but the president.>>>>>

He will have something to do with it when the Republicans admit they made a huge mistake not only voting Bush in for one term, they did it twice!!
The Republican congress will have no reason to deny requests from Obama when he's re-elected. They've done everything in their power to try and stop any hopes of his re-election, but once he's in for another four years they don't have to worry about a third term so maybe they will learn how to play fair.

Please - - - This forum is about Labradors. Leave the politics to political chat rooms.

What??
Please - - - This forum is about Labradors. Leave the politics to political chat rooms.

Dog food is Labrador related. So dog food prices are Labrador related. So the reasons for high dog food prices are also Labrador related.

I was replying to Fair Play. That post wasn't about dog food prices but about politics. BTW - I agree with you that we need more drilling and the Keystone Pipeline.