Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milo's Kitchen dog treats

I don't give my Lab any products with wheat or corn because it seems to make his ears itch. That makes it hard to find treats to give him. I was recently shopping at Pet Supplies Plus and purchased a bag of Milo's Kitchen Chicken Meatballs. The package says they are made in the U.S.A. However, on doing an internet search of Milo's Kitchen products, they've had some recalls, though none on the chicken meatballs.

Has anyone heard anything bad or had any concerns about this product or this company?

This is a list of ingredients:

Milo’s Kitchen® Chicken Meatballs
Ingredients:
Chicken, Soy Grits, Beef, Sugar, Glycerine, Textured Vegetable Protein, Salt, Monoglyceride, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor, Sorbic Acid (used as a preservative), BHA (used as a preservative), Onion Extract

I give him other treats as well, so he's not getting a huge amount of these but at least it offers a little more variety.

Pup-Peroni has some items without wheat and corn but they recently discontinued one of his favorites and they added corn starch to another one. I didn't notice the ingredient change until his ears started bothering him. Seems like they should have to say on the package when they change the ingredients. I've learned to look before I buy anything, even if I've bought it before.

TIA

Re: Milo's Kitchen dog treats

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/CentersOffices/OfficeofGlobalRegulatoryOperationsandPolicy/ORA/ORAElectronicReadingRoom/UCM314415.pdf

spreadsheet of chicken jerky treats made in China that seem to be poisoning our dogs....dogwell is on the list as is waggin train, pet essentials, bestro's, Kingdom Pets, Smokehouse, Vitalife. I know I have some Dogswell here that are going in the trash. Seems to mostly be chicken jerky they haven't found a reason why there are issues..