Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Competing against Judges

I am in Canada and have been showing a lot lately. One thing that I am finding is a judge who is competing with his dog who just keeps winning and winning in all breed. How on earth can I get points? Just tired of wasting my money.

Not trying to be against judges showing. Just looking for tips.

Re: Competing against Judges

You don't have to win too may times in Canada to finish a dog. So if this judge is winning and winning, the dog should be finished, and then you can try for the points.

Hi Donna,

Are you talking about competing in the classes and this "judge" is competing with one dog or several and continues to get pts towards a CH. on each dog, or competing with one dog and continuing to show in the classes and is already finished?

If you are talking about the Breed level(competing as a Special) then they will continue to rack up points towards top dog standings if they keep winning the Breed and continue on to Group placements. Nothing wrong with that if that is the case.

Different dogs and a special also. Shows with not many participants. Therefore only male or female in the class so then has no chance. Maybe need to attend larger shows? But to think about it he will win there also. Guess he must be trying to get top dog.

Maybe he has nice dogs?

breeder
Maybe he has nice dogs?

LOL

He was a breeder first before he was a judge...

Anyone can have a nice dog but all must admit that it gets a little tiring to try and do all the right things. Health testing all done. Just need to get dog finished. Costing a lot.

I did notice one breeder who always attends not so popular shows with two or three of her own dogs competing against each other. This is how she gets CH on her dogs at all breed shows. They never win at specialities. Oh but yes I have seen them win when she hired a pro. That's a thought!

Welcome to the world of showing. One dog that routinely competes with mine...beats mine when shown by a handler. I don't use them, so I am out of luck. It's no different than entering the ring with a well-known breeder showing their own dogs. Is it that their dogs are THAT MUCH BETTER or is it the well known face? I don't think there is anything we can ever do about this. If you don't like it, take a break from showing.

Nancy Boyle
breeder
Maybe he has nice dogs?

LOL

He was a breeder first before he was a judge...
He always did and still likes to win just like everyone else. As a well known judge he will continue to do so.

Original Poster; go to shows where he might not be. People talk about who is going where and when. Keep your ears open wide.