Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Slight Over Bite

Hi,

I have a pup here that has a "slight" over bite, she's 4 months old now and her bite was good at 8 weeks. Any thoughts on whether it will correct back to scissor bite?

Thanks

Re: Slight Over Bite

It definately could correct, their jaws are growing at this age, sometimes at different rates.
on the flip side, I have an Am./Can. CH. with a very slight overbite!

I had a pup that had also a slight overbite as she was teething at 4 months. She is now 5 1/2 months and has perfect bite. The upper and lower jaw grows at different rate at that age.

Ok Thank you

I would rather have it slightly over than under. The undershot will rarely correct, but as the muzzle fills in and the remaining teeth come in, it should hopefully come back. Good luck.

I have siblings both 2 yrs old.. When they were about the same age they both had an overbite... The boy's was larger than the girl's. I kept thinking about the matchstick rule I was told a long while ago... if the width between the teeth is smaller than a matchstick , chances are it will corret.. If it is larger it may not. Well that is what happened with my 2... The boy's left side actually corrected, but his right side stayed the same. He has a very strange bite. The girl's bite is a beautiful scissor bite. Her's corrected , if I remember around 6 months old.. BEST OF LUCK!