Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Labrador-L

Just wondering if Lab-L is still running? I just received a subscription probe for it so my curiosity was piqued.

-Jill

Re: Labrador-L

It's still hobbling along. Early this year, a few peopoe re-introduced themselves and it looked as if it was going to revive, but there haven't been any new messages in a couple of months.

The last one I got was after the 2011 Nationals , and someone posted a video of the veteran bitch class. Then someone went and starting ripping apart the veterans, and saying that they couldn't believe that anyone would show dogs that had "skirts" waddling when they moved. It pissed me off so much, that I canceled it. So, I couldn't tell you if it still exists.

I get a subscription probe for it now and again, but no messages. I kind of miss it. That's where the moderator called me a "knuckle dragging gorilla". LOL!

I still see the occasional post but it's pretty much dead. In the area of the two major forums we have plus Facebook, the Lab-L list is pretty much toast. I'm also thinking that in the last year to 18 months the volume on the forums has dropped off a little, maybe because of the various pages and groups that have formed on FB - is that my imagination?

A little frustrating with so many groups. Where do you go to get info sometimes?? Like you have to join them all to catch up. Not to mention be everyone's "friend"

There doesn't seem to be a good labrador list any more - like Lab-L used to be in days of yore.

There's LABSR4U at Yahoo Groups which is high-volume and "fluffy" with people sending in lots of pictures of their labs and lots of chit-chat.

Same with the "other" forum we all know.
Fluffy and fake.
No good advice, just mostly meaningless banter

Brdr
Same with the "other" forum we all know.
Fluffy and fake.
No good advice, just mostly meaningless banter

That is your opinion, as low as it is.
At least when someone nasty starts saying things like you just did, the people know who they are.
Have a nice day. You obviously need one.

yes, and that's why the people from the forum above mentioned jump to jill's
f
orum and post annonymously! LOL!!

I love this anonymous forum. In a way, it's a mentor to me as my mentor just breeds within her own lines and doesn't have as broad of a perspective which I get here.

In the past year I've gotten information regarding a C-section, small litter, pano, OCD, force fetching, etc. all by asking anonymously. I really appreciate the people on here for help and advice given. Of course I still use people ringside, mentor, and vet but there is something nice about posting anonymously. Thanks, all of you!!