Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stolen E350 cargo Van (my dog van) in southern California! :-(

Hi everyone- someone just stole our van within the past couple of hours from the street in front of our house. It contains everything I use for dog showing, field training, etc. etc. etc. in it.

PLEASE keep an eye out for Thelma-

2003 white Ford E350 extended 1 ton cargo van without any windows in the cargo area. CA license plate number 7C86922.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hubcaps are painted flat black and there is damage to the left rear quarterpanel from an unfortunate incident on the fwy a couple of weeks ago where my tire tread came loose.

Likewise, please keep an eye out on Craigslist, eBay, etc. for:

Gunners Up Son-Of-A-Gun wingers (x 4)
Tritronics remote releases for the wingers
Tritronics electronic collar
Multiple 400 wire crates
Multiple 400 and 500 soft crates (some with Montview or Montview Labradors embroidered on them)
Multiple slip and snap leads
Show leads, several with "bling" beads (mostly black)
EZ Up (one of the white heavy-duty Costco ones with rain fly sides)
EX Pens (4ft tall)
Ryobi fan with several rechargeable battery packs, rechargeable.
8-in-1 foldable heavy-duty multifunction dolly (I used for crates)
Crate pads
etc
etc
etc

It has taken me 8 years to gather all of this equipment together, a little at a time...

Please let us (or the police) know if you see Thelma or find any of this equipment online for sale. It has been reported stolen.

Thank you,
Julie

Re: Stolen E350 cargo Van (my dog van) in southern California! :-(

Thelma stolen? Julie I am so sorry! I hope she is located soon and is in one piece.

Julie, I'm in no position to offer any help since I'm in Colorado. But when they find the person, let me know - I have some friends from when I lived back in Jersey....

I was not involved! Hope Thelma and contents are returned safe and sound ASAP.

Julie,

So sorry. When they find her let me know, along with Gregg he'll send people and I'll sen Family! (if you know what I)

A "Jersey" girl

I'm sorry to hear they stole Thelma right from your driveway Julie. Thieves!! You have great ideas to try to track them down. I wish you luck and hope the jerks are caught.

It sounds like a partial inside job. Maybe someone who knew what you carried. Most vehicle thieves don't steal the year and model van or truck you have; not knocking Thelma. It was Thelma's contents, jmo.

Think hard who might have recently seen what is in your truck. Maybe a breeder of another breed than a Labrador?

I highly doubt it was another breeder who sole the van. It's it's southern California, older trucks, suvs and vans in general get stolen by illegal aliens. One year my dad gave my brother his older, classic ford truck. My brother didn't have it a couple weeks when it was stolen, never found by police. They lived in Anaheim at the time.

OMG
It sounds like a partial inside job. Maybe someone who knew what you carried. Most vehicle thieves don't steal the year and model van or truck you have; not knocking Thelma. It was Thelma's contents, jmo.

Think hard who might have recently seen what is in your truck. Maybe a breeder of another breed than a Labrador?

Thank you for your reply and I agree- they were probably after the van's contents. There aren't many "dog folks" around my part of town, and Thelma doesn't have any windows in the cargo area (I love it- it keeps it so much cooler for the dogs back there!), so I think someone made a mistake in stealing for contents though.

Usually in our area, these vans are used for commercial plumbing, electrical, etc. so I would venture to guess that someone probably thought there were expensive tools and equipment back there rather than dog crates, leashes, field training equipment, etc.

I appreciate all who have offered to monitor Craigslist as well. Thank you all for your support!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat down this morning, realizing that I'll be heading to the Golden Gate LRC specialty and supported entry shows next week and realized that I don't have my shoes for showing, nor do I have any of my show leads, etc. Not even simple stuff like stainless steel buckets for water, or squirt bottles to help us all stay cool. God bless labrador people though- friend have come out of the woodwork to offer to let me borrow stuff from them.

Hugs to all of you. I hope and pray that maybe Thelma will turn up (with my dog stuff still inside) soon.

UPDATE: Re: Stolen E350 cargo Van (my dog van) in southern California! :-(

Hi everyone! I really appreciate the support from all of you- thank you!

We received a call around 2:30am this morning that they recovered our van in Long Beach, CA and have 2 suspects in custody. It was filled with stuff that doesn't sound like it is ours (tools?), and due to investigations, is on a 10 day hold so we are unable to pick it up. Still no word as to the condition of the van or how much of my equipment is missing from inside...

I will keep everyone updated as we learn any more information. In the meantime, we will try to get to the impound yard today to see if there is anything there we CAN pick up as I get ready for a weekend with dogs up north (GGLRC and supported entries).

Thank you, everyone! The show of support from the labrador community has been absolutely amazing. It brings me to tears of gratitude, the offers to send me things to help us out from literally world-wide. :-) Julie

UPDATE: Re: Stolen E350 cargo Van (my dog van) in southern California! :-(

Great news. Don't be surprised if the interior needs cleaning.

I would think they can separate out your show stuff and let you have it. I would guess they want to print the inside and outside if the van.