Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caution about puppy buyers east coast

Anyone else get the young Danish couple (age 20) looking for a supposed pet pup inquire about your pups in NY, NJ, Conn or PA?

I found out they're trying to bring a pup back to breed in Denmark so use caution. They've told others they will take the AKC registration and transfer it to the Danish Kennel Club on FULL registration.

Reply if you've had them contact you please. I've heard they've been to 3 breeders including me so far. They're looking for a girl to bring back in the belly of the plane.

Re: Caution about puppy buyers east coast

And what is wrong with that?

Breeder
And what is wrong with that?
Lying is not okay. Honesty is. If all of the pup buyers re-registered limited AKC with full UKC for example and breed our dogs that took many generations to build a line is that okay too? Same difference.

As soon as they don't have AKC papers, who cares if they are registered in any other registry. The AKC is the only official registry for Labradors in the US.
Actually, I have a bigger problem if they are registered in another country, because those can potentially re-enter the us.

Breeder
As soon as they don't have AKC papers, who cares if they are registered in any other registry. The AKC is the only official registry for Labradors in the US.
Actually, I have a bigger problem if they are registered in another country, because those can potentially re-enter the us.
That was my point that Breeder didn't get. I don't know if you're the same Breeder. This couple could have easily come back to the US or gone anywhere.

My largest problem was they said it was a pet companion pup, promised no breeding and it was not the truth. I'm glad I didn't wind up working with them. As a breeder, I go with my gut. I got a phone call about them 48 hours after being here, they had been with 3 other breeders and told 1 the truth, lied to the others as well. They were looking to ship more then 1 puppy back to Denmark to begin their own breeding program off of all of our hard work. I think not!