Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
south korea´s recent undercover search into several meat dog farms...

south korean rescue did undercover investigation to several meat dog farms, auctions etc...filming and taking fotos, devastating is that a beautiful yellow labrador mom and her babies is there with several other breed dogs, which in asia are more and more abandoned by owners getting tired of their status symbols. or stolen (1000 dogs daily transported from thailand via laos to vietnam tables). owners mostly have no clue how to train their labradors and other breeds, don´t understand what they bought etc...how to treat them.

its a big step forward helping the dogs as we get more and more information via facebook. i´m in contact with elly maynard new zealand who has worked to end the business since day one.

if someone wants the whole recent report which shows the map of south korea with marked numerous farms, auctions, etc visited + the video showing the labs just kindly contact me please. i asked my rescue friends there about the dogs shown, and was informed that the labradors are no more alive...but my reason says the mom might be still used for litters??? just my little brain thinking and my big heart.

writing this only to inform you as its good to know which is possible today as news travel fast. ritva and her beloved labradors in finland. working since 2008/9 to help as i found proof of the 1st to my knowledge labrador, the chocolate boy rescued from illegal slaughterhouse in china by wonderful animalsasia´s jill robinsson and her moonbear rescue team...the boy passed over the rainbowbridge in loving arms. (my work today as my retired army officer/military history writer husband got brainbleeding 2004 and all my personal labrador activities stopped.)

nothing is written to offend anyone in anyway.

Re: south korea´s recent undercover search into several meat dog farms...

This Sunday Thai authorities assisted by investigators intercepted approximately 200 dogs in Mukdahan close to the Mekong river. The dogs were hidden in plastic chicken cages as in the photos, in an attempt to disguise what they were doing. Dogs would have been smuggled across the river and then transported to Hanoi dog meat markets.

just info what goes on as 1000 dogs DAILY transported from thailand (stolen pets also retrievers...also labradors today, abandoned pets as owners don´t want them anymore, don´t know the breeds, don´t train etc...ways of catching the dogs by meat mafia men drving aroung with megaphones on car roofs cahnging dogs for a plastic bucket, catching with long pole + loop throwing the catch into the tiny wired boxes in what ever position they land and next on top same untill full and then next....daily drive to vietnam via laos starts...1000 dogs a day.

just informing you what goes on and as more people know about the traffics in asia more and more are rescued almost daily....i´m only informing ... ASIA IS NOT SAFE FOR DOGS HOWEVER SAFE WE THINK IT IS. SOIDOGS IN THAILAND DO FANTSTIC WORK AND ELLY MAYNARD NZ LADY NR 1 ABOUT KNOWLEDGE & HELP. ritva in finland wishing you all the best.