Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Proplan changing packaging again

http://www.proplan.com/newlook/?DCMP=EMC-PRO-PRO-Q312NewsDog&HQS=NewLook

Never a good thing when a dog food company changes their package, usually a change in formula goes along with it. Does anyone know if this will be the case for the performance and puppy? Also the new bags look smaller in the pictures, ugh!

Re: Proplan changing packaging again

Yes - just bought a bag of puppy food yesterday - only 34 lbs! For the same price as the previous 37 lb. bag

Looking more and more like Eukanuba products.

Well, I am very close to having enough points for a nice vet check. I'll have to do the math. After that, maybe a new brand is in order.

Breeder
Yes - just bought a bag of puppy food yesterday - only 34 lbs! For the same price as the previous 37 lb. bag

The poppy food has been 34# for a long time.

Ironically I did just switch back to Eukanuba from PPCR. We've just experianced a significant price increase, $4 a bag, due to the dry growing season but Eukanuba has held it's price pretty steady and with my guy's I do get better stools and coat.

I did stock up with a few extra bags to try to hold back the price increase for at least a few months.

sigh
Well, I am very close to having enough points for a nice vet check. I'll have to do the math. After that, maybe a new brand is in order.

Ditto.

Found out about the change a week ago. Would have been nice for them to tell those in the Breeder Club with an advance notice and a coupon or something. Shows how much they value us. I would suggest bombarding their FB page.

Our stores still have all the old packaging, so I'll buy until I can't get it anymore. Selects Salmon and Beef are going away. Chicken and Turkey being renamed (new formula, no one will tell!). ALS and Performance staying but new names. Sensitive staying.

I have another brand I will be switching too because I get a good deal on it. But not until I have the vet check! LOL

rld
Ironically I did just switch back to Eukanuba from PPCR. We've just experianced a significant price increase, $4 a bag, due to the dry growing season but Eukanuba has held it's price pretty steady and with my guy's I do get better stools and coat.

I did stock up with a few extra bags to try to hold back the price increase for at least a few months.

Which Eukanuba formula are you using? I currently have a puppy on the Euk Smart Puppy and stools are great and puppy looks really good.

I previously fed PPP. My boy was a touch itchy on it (just his feet) and one of my girls was itchy. Put them on the SSS - had to feed too much quantity to maintain my boy's weight. Another girl - different breed - looked and did great on the PPP.

Once I had my vet check I switched to Euk Premium Performance in their professional bags. Everyone did well on it. However price just increased by $10 a bag (actually $20/bag because I was able to get it as part of staff feeding program - which they have now done away with).

Am now trying Diamond Naturals - senior, chix & rice & extreme athlete. Will see how they do. It's so hard finding a good food that fits my budget and that the dogs do well on. Sigh!

According to their FB page the new bags will be the same size as the present bags, hope they are correct.

I'm using the large breed maintanence. One thing I do like is the shape of the kibbles. I think it will help clean teeth. My boy lost a front tooth next to a canine which now seems to build nasty plaque so a food that will scrub it a bit is a bonus.

I've always weaned babies on the Eukanuba weaning formula and been happy with that too.

I recvd an email today from ProPlan about the new packaging.

Actually, Purina never specifically said that - on FB the person asked if the new bags would be the same size for PPP - this is their response:

" There has been no change to the formula of our Pro Plan Performance. It is available in a 2lb resealable pouch, a 32oz bag and a 37.5 lb bag."

It doesn't specifically address the new packaging, just what you can currently buy. So not sure what the deal is!