Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smokey is 17 today!!!

I just wanted to share our good news: Our Smokey, Huntcrest Chimney Sweep, is 17 years old today. Beyond all the blue ribbons we work so hard for, the long term goal of a healthy and sound dog who lives a long life means so much more. I'm proud to have bred him, but he is my husband, David's dog. David saw him born, took him to puppy classes, hunted with him and made him our #1 puppy raiser (Labs & Cavaliers) and home greeter. Smokey wasn't able to be shown due to a hunting injury when he was a pup. But that never stopped him from being a great member of our family for these many years.

Special thanks also to his sire, CH Dickendall's Ruffy SH, for some great sound genes and logevity.

Smokey gets a special dinner tonight of Salmon and cup cake for dessert. There is also a new nylabone for him to chew (yes, he has all his teeth, too).

Thanks for allowing me to share our joy...

Regards,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Re: Smokey is 17 today!!!

I am sharing your joy!! So nice to hear great news for a change. To celebrate a fantastic life instead of a passing. Thank you for sharing!

Simply PAWSOME!! - Happy Birthday to you Smokey.

THAT is something worth celebrating! what a wonderful boy, and how lucky are you to have shared his life?!! Very happy birthday wishes Smokey!

Happy Birthday Smokey!

Holy Smokey!17 years - and his beat still goes on!

Happy Birthday, Smokey!

That's wonderful Leslie - I remember meeting him when he was a pup. Can't believe it's been that many years though!! Happy B Day :-)

Happy Birthday Smokey!! That is just pawesome that you have had so many wonderful years!!!

A Happy Birthday good boy {{{{{Smokey}}}}}. Leslie, enjoy your further time with Smokey. You're both lucky to have each other.

Happy Birthday Smokey! You obviously have a wonderful life :O)

I think Smokey is going for the Guiness Book of Records? Happy Birthday Grand Smokey Man, you deserve to do whatever he wants to do? Hold Him tight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMOKEY!

You all have been truly blessed to share so many years.