Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not in Season Yet

Just wondering if any of you have had experience with such as this. We have a beautiful yellow girl that is 26 months old. To the best of our knowledge, she has not had a season yet. We've been in Labs for 20 years, so we do know what to look for. If you have had this experience, what did you do? Is there some way to stimulate her. Yes, I know, the best answer would be to ask Dr. Hutch. Just curious what others experience may have been. Feel free to email me privately if you like.

Re: Not in Season Yet

I, recently, went through the same thing. I talked to a couple repro vets and had the option to bring her in heat. I also talked to Nature's Farmacy and spent $78 on natural things, but before I could get to use them, she came in at 27+ months. I bred her and she is due this weekend. It will be a small litter, but I guess everything is ok. Give her a little time.

I recently read prenatal vitamins (human grade) can help bring into season. Also, have you checked thyroid?

I had an experience similar to Gail's - as blood to check thyroid was at the local lab, she went into season. We have 6 pups:)

I have some girls who do not come in season until 2 yrs old, and then cycle every 9-11 mos.
they have been good mothers, easy whelpers, so it was worth the wait.

Thank you all for your comments. We were just curious if others had the similar problem. Thanks again, Al

I never had this happen until about a year ago. We also have a yellow bitch (what is it with these yellow girls? - LOL) that didn't have her first season until age 26 months. She had a normal season, then cycled again at almost exactly 6 months. We are now waiting for season 2 - she's due within a month if she stays on 6 months. Her mother alternates - 6 months, 7 months, 6 months, 7 months just like clockwork.

The chocolate line that i have come into season very late. My choco girl, Jojo, didn't come into season until she was 2.5 yrs old. I kept a bitch from Jojo's first litter and the pup will be 2 in april and she hasn't come into season yet. Just wait it out it'll happen.