Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ringside at Potomac

Does anyone know if they will allow tents/gazeebos anything to shield us from the rain while we sit ring side or is that still not allowed due to the fire codes?

Cones are already there, was not sure if ring side set up should also be started LOL

Re: Ringside at Potomac

They haven't been allowed for several years, unless something changes this year. Mostly people use large umbrellas instead of the pop-up tents.

Bet they let Frederick High School athletic teams use them at track meets, etc., and they're at fairs, and family picnics. Why are they any less dangerous there? Sigh. I miss them.

The fire Marshall said no. The aisles aren't wide enough with them.

There is nothing as flammable as soaking wet nylon and aluminum when outside.

Need
The fire Marshall said no. The aisles aren't wide enough with them.
How about making the aisles wider? Would that be sufficient for the Fire Marshall if all folks are following those safe guidelines? How about asking him what the safe width is needed. 24", 36", 48" or 60" in the aisles for example.

Check the posts on this from the past two years. I think they'd have to ditch the vendors and I remember an issue of the pop ups not being accepted by the fire Marshall. The fines are pretty hefty for violations too. It has to do with emergency vehicles driving thru the site. Guess it all sounds simple until there is a fire or medical emergency. All jurisdictions have their rules and they are all about safety.