Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BISS Ch Karousels Causin' Commotion Oct. 20, 1998 to Feb. 11, 2013

I have a very heavy heart. I have lost my friend and companion after 14+ years of his complete and unconditional devotion. When it became clear that his big old heart could no longer support him, I had to help him cross the bridge yesterday morning. From the time that I picked him up from Jackie Breazeale in December of 1998, he has been a source of love, entertainment, and pride for me. When he finished his championship in 2001, I was so proud of him. When he wound up ranked #8 labrador at the end of 2004 with just over 8 months of showing, I was ecstatic. I was amazed when he went BISS at HOTLRC's first specialty...with me showing him no less! But it has been the everyday love and companionship that I will never forget. I know the memories will fill the gaping hole in my heart. Time will heal the pain. Farewell my friend. I will never forget you. Until we meet again....I love you Charlie.

Re: BISS Ch Karousels Causin' Commotion Oct. 20, 1998 to Feb. 11, 2013

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to your dear friend.

Rest well Charlie.......

My condolences. I was privileged to see Charlie go BISS at the HOT show. A fun dog with a great owner.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but know you'll treasure the memories of such a long life. I remember Charlie stories on Woodhaven too. Didn't he roll in cow paddies or something the night before for good luck? Rest in peace, Charlie.

I'm so sorry, Kellie. He was a great boy - they are just never here long enough... Godspeed, Charlie.

So very sad to see this post!!
I am so grateful for Charlie's life every time I look at his son and watch those big brown eyes look back with adoration. Thankful that he left parts of his big old heart to share with us, and glad he brought so much joy and love to you!
Charlie had a great life with an awesome Mom. Hugs to you, Kellie!

Oh YES! I apparently left the back gate open on his run that evening. While I was feeding horses he walked in the barn. He was so covered in cow $#!t that I didn't recognize him. I rinsed him off (didn't want to shampoo and mess up the coat) with the water hose. We left the next morning at 5 AM in a brand new car. Had to roll the windows down off and on to stay in the car. Thankfully, the scent wore off before we went in to show. If not, Sally Bell was gracious enough to see through the green haze. LOL That will always be one of my favorite Charlie stories. Now if my husband just hadn't sold that majic cow........