Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicago Show 2.21.13 - 2.24.13

I will be in Chicago next week and plan on stopping by the show. Can anyone that has been there in the past tell me if there are lots of vendors? I have some dog shopping I would like to do!

Re: Chicago Show 2.21.13 - 2.24.13

Yes, there are usually a lot of vendors.

Re: Chicago Show 2.21.13 - 2.24.13

There are always a TON of vendors, but be prepared that everything is very pricey down there. If you are showing, bring a cooler with H20 for you and your dogs. I think a bottle of water is like $4-5??? Lunches are also pricey, but usually pretty good for exhibition hall fare. Chicago-style deep dish pizza is usually everyone's favorite. There is also a Starbucks on sight.

Also, if showing, sometimes a good idea to bring a bath towel to put over your dog's crate, so they can get some peace from well meaning kids and adults wanting to pet them 24/7. Benched shows are a great way for the public to meet the dogs and breeders, but it can be a LONG day for both dogs and owners. Sometimes you have to tell them that the doggie needs a nap. :)

Have a great time. I've been going to IKC since I was about 4 years old and I will not tell anyone how many years that is...my late aunt bred Champion GSDs, so we would go watch them. When I wanted my first show dog, I went there to watch the breed and speak to the breeders. That was over 30 years ago... Over the years, have made some great friends there, too. When you're stuck on the bench for hours every day, you get to talking to strangers!

Good luck and have a great time!

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest