Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Entry fee help

Okay please don't judge me to harshly for this question I am about to ask.
I am entering a 4 day dog show, getting ready to complete the info and look at entry fees. The fee schedule states: " Puppy Classes & Bred by Exhibitor classes as a First Entry- $20 "

I will be entering my girl in BBE for 2 of the 4 days. 2 days will be BBE and 2 days will be 9-12mo, so are the entry fee's $20 per day since she'll be in BBE and a puppy class?

Thanks and please be gentle. I know this may seem like a stupid question; I know I feel pretty dumb for asking.

Re: Entry fee help

They are all separate shows, right? If so, yes, as you described the shows, each day would be $20.

Whenever in doubt about entry fees, you can also ask the show superintendent or show secretary to whom entries go. Also note the TIME of day entries closed. Typically, shows close on Wednesdays at noon--not all do, but many do so. Another thing to do is to make sure that you include the maximum that you could owe. If you send too much, the show super will send the excess back. If you send too little, you are won't be entered in the show.

Also, double check the AKC number of your dog on the entry form that you submit, on what you get back in the mail with the judging program, and at the show. The number is more important than the name, although ideally both will be correct. It can be helpful to put your dog's first entry in the online entry system so that the super has it typed correctly for them. If they are wrong at the super's or show's end, be sure to call ahead or visit the super at the show to get it corrected before going in the ring.

If your entry gets winners dog or bitch, or better, please keep your armband, your ribbons, and get a photo taken with the judge if possible as insurance to prove that you won the points. Besides, it records a great memory!

Enjoy!

The only dumb questions are the ones that we should have asked but didn't. :-) Yes. For puppy classes and BBE classes, it would be $20 per day. Good luck and have fun!

BTW, if your girl is going into the BBE class because she turns 12 months old during the shows, make sure she is not entered in the pup class on the day she turns 12 months old.

Most people would not enter a puppy in bred by, although a few do. Why would you chose bred by over a puppy class at this age?

breeder
Most people would not enter a puppy in bred by, although a few do. Why would you chose bred by over a puppy class at this age?

Because if you finish a dog completely from Bred-By class you get a special medallion from AKC.

Breeder
breeder

Because if you finish a dog completely from Bred-By class you get a special medallion from AKC.

That is true. But if that was her intention, why would she enter the puppy class at all?

previously you had to exhibit exclusively from the BBE class in order to be eligible for the medallion, however that was changed a while back and any points from the puppy class will not prevent you from qualifying for the BBE medallion and all that goes with it....good luck & have fun!

rules changed
previously you had to exhibit exclusively from the BBE class in order to be eligible for the medallion, however that was changed a while back and any points from the puppy class will not prevent you from qualifying for the BBE medallion and all that goes with it....good luck & have fun!

That's only to qualify for BBE competition at Eukanuba. For the medallion you still need all your points from the BBE class.

rules changed

Really? My bitch got 1 point out of the 6-9 class, and the rest all out of bred by. I wonder if the medallion is available going back to before the rule change?

Thank you!!

To qualify for the AKC BBE Medallion, all points have to come from Bred By. My male took a 5 point major from the puppy class, all subsequent points from BBE and did not qualify for the medal.

According to the AKC:

"Bred-By-Exhibitor medallions are awarded to those exhibitors that complete all points required for their conformation championship title by advancing to the winners competition from the Bred-by-Exhibitor class."