Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy's losing teeth

I have a puppy that is almost 6 months old and has lost a bottom canine tooth. My question is this the normal time to start losing teeth? I was just concerned it was a little early.
Thank you
Concerned puppy owner

Re: Puppy's losing teeth

It is not too early. By 7 to 8 months the puppy should have all of their adult teeth.

J
It is not too early. By 7 to 8 months the puppy should have all of their adult teeth.

Ditto. Canine's are usually the last to go.

me
J

Ditto. Canine's are usually the last to go.

Canines can be tough to come out and as the above poster said, the last to go. Be thankful the 1st tooth to drop was a canine.

My pups usually begin the loss of their teeth at 16-18wks. My most recent 2 keepers, a boy and girl had all of their baby teeth out except canines before 21wks. Their stools became a little loose which happens sometimes We gave the canines occasional wiggles, they're gone now.

It sounds as if you're a newer pup home. Don't hesitate calling or emailing your breeder even with the smallest questions. She might be at shows or a vacation sometimes but any good breeder will get back to their buyers for the lifetime of the dog.

Have fun with your addition to the famiy. P.S. There are special teething toys and even a wet, frozen washed cloth can help with teething. Also puppy proof the home again, we've lost shoes and the like due to teething.

My puppy is just over 5 mos and he's lost all his teeth and you can see all the adult teeth are coming in :)
Good luck!