Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
disclaimer

I am in the process of putting up a website for my Labs. I am researching disclaimers. I don't find too many on dog sites but feel it might be a good idea to have one. I would appreciate any thoughts, examples or experiences from those who have done this. Thanks

Re: disclaimer

Web Mom
I am in the process of putting up a website for my Labs. I am researching disclaimers. I don't find too many on dog sites but feel it might be a good idea to have one. I would appreciate any thoughts, examples or experiences from those who have done this. Thanks

I have a thought for you. In your disclaimer, mention that no photographs are to be removed without your written permission.

There is too much photograph theft of breeders dogs off websites especially recently. Particular persons I've heard are responsible over and over but so far my photos haven't been seen elsewhere. So I'm not speaking from personal experience. I've heard the same exact situations from many breeders and sometimes it the same person repeatedly.

Also, there are codes you can use that stops others from standard saving of photos. Computer intelligent people can get around it but overall it could help you.

Another item might have to do with your guaranty or lack of. I don't guaranty past a few months but other claim to for life. It might halt the question right away.

I hope these give you an idea to put in your disclaimer. Happy Web building.

I am assuming you will be/are breeding. A standard "We reserve the right to refuse to sell a puppy to any individual(s) for any reason we see fit" is always good so people won't sue you because you don't sell them a puppy.

This was a good disclaimer for puppies. I would like to use it for a stud dog. Have you all heard any feedback on that? Is it legal to turn down a bitch for stud service if she meets your requirements but is an off color or is unworthy of being bred?

Another breeder
This was a good disclaimer for puppies. I would like to use it for a stud dog. Have you all heard any feedback on that? Is it legal to turn down a bitch for stud service if she meets your requirements but is an off color or is unworthy of being bred?
Yes as far as I know. You'll see it on many websites of breeders that own a stud dog or multiple stud dogs.

It's your boy, you can choose to breed to whichever bitches you want to for any reason. It's similar to who puppies are sold to. You own the dog and his semen, you don't have to breed to every bitch whose owner inquires about your dog.

Yes. You would put "Bozo is available at stud to approved bitches. We reserve the right to refuse any bitch for stud service for any reason we see fit." (putting in the dog's real name, of course)

Thank you to all who replied. I will be sure to put in a remark of being able to refuse to sell a puppy/dog to anyone. We don't offer stud service but in the future, I will put it in my notes. Stealing photos is a minor concern but I intend to write it in the disclaimer even though I would probably give them away if someone asked me. I also found out that if someone steals a photo and uses it on their website that you can contact their web host and have the site taken down. This has really been a learning experience.