Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where did my puppy go?

THis has me puzzled... Pick puppy... Great bone, gorgeous headpiece. Very substantial little guy. Around 15 months gets taller and a bit longer... Chest fills out some and drops.. Dog weighs 92 #. Now at 3 yrs old, there is no spring of rib... And he is very thin despite the fact that he eats well. Everyone keeps telling me to wait until he is 3 or 4 as the lines mature very slowly... But when you look down on him, he is as straight as a board... No barrel roundness to his ribcage and he is weedy from behind as well.. I have heard of dogs falling apart but I always thought that was more with angles and such.... He has a really great pedigree. I have many relatives and depth of chest and spring of rib is nice on all. Any ideas? BTW his head is finally coming back in. The cheeks are looking more mature.. But now his head doesn't fit his body... This is VERY new to me...

Re: Where did my puppy go?

What food are you feeding? did you follow the food recommendations of the breeder? we know what food works for our lines, many times people, change the food for something they think is better quality, healthier ingredients, and turns out that it doesn't work for your pup. I'm telling you because I made that mistake.