Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Canin Users -

For those of you that use Royal Canin PRO products for litters/adults -

Do you find it necessary to use the Maxi Starter to 8 weeks, then switch to Maxi Puppy? or can you wean directly onto Maxi Puppy? or can you use the Starter for a couple of weeks (to 5 weeks or so), then transition to the Puppy?

I am just having trouble grasping puppies switching to a new food at the time they leave to new homes; wonder if it's safer (digestion and stool-wise) to just wean them onto the Maxi Puppy.

Also, for anyone that uses the PRO Maxi Adult - any problems with too low a fat content? Dry coats/skin?

Thanks for any and all opinions -

Re: Royal Canin Users -

I use Pro Maxi Adult on all my critters over 5 months old....even my senior who is almost 10. Coats are perfect, never any other health issues. I actually wean pups to Pro Medium Starter and have families switch to Medium Puppy when they take puppy home. I do send a week worth of Medium starter with families to transition...never had a gut issue at all. The formulas are so similar. I will never use anything else.

I use the Medium Starter for pups up to 8 weeks. The new owners use Maxi Puppy and I send a bit of the starter with them. No issues here either.

I too wean to medium starter and my keepers go to medium puppy. Pet puppies go home with a bag of labrador puppy. I haven't had or heard of tummy upsets from the switch.