Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TOTW vs. Nature's Domain

Has anyone had any info on Taste of the Wild vs. Nature's Domain. Internet has led me to believe that Costco repackages TOTW and sells it under the Nature's brand. I even went into the "contact us" on both web sites, and they have the exact same mailing address. Same web layout, etc. Internet is not making it very clear.

Re: TOTW vs. Nature's Domain

It looks like it is made by Diamond

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Pet_Foods

I questioned our Diamond Sales Rep about this and was told that while they do produce both products, the ingredients in the the Costco product are NOT the same quality as in the TOW.

Fed the turkey Nature's domain to my show boy, coat went DRY. Took him off immediately.

I know many don't trust Diamond manufactured foods anymore.

The web is very disceptive on this as their web sites both claim to have 4 stars and voted 2nd best by DogAdvisory. Bummer,

just asking
The web is very disceptive on this as their web sites both claim to have 4 stars and voted 2nd best by DogAdvisory. Bummer,

All those Food Advisory web sites are bull shit. Sorry. They rate ingredients only, not the formula. I would rather have happy healthy beautiful dogs on my 3 star Pro Plan, than dogs with bad coats and diarrhea but gosh darn it, they are eating a 5 star food.

Got it, thanks all for the info.

Yes, Yes, Yes! Ask my litter of puppies that had unremitting diarrhea for 3 weeks on Wellness. We ruled out worms, coccidia, giardia. . . everything that could cause this. Finally, I thought, I'm going back to my tried and true ProPlan Puppy even though it's supposed to be a crap dog food. Two days later. .. perfect poopies.

I tried Diamond Dog Foods, in a couple of different varieties, for my adults over the years, because the ingredients look so wonderful. Each time, the stool situation was out of control for a long enough time, that I realized it was the food and not the adjustment time.

My dogs have been on Nature's Domain, Salmon kibble for the past 3.5 yrs. I did try the ND Turkey, one bag but it gave my dogs loose stools so I switched them back to the Salmon. Best dog food I've tried all these years, $33.00 per bag !!!!

Feeding Nature's Domain, rotating for about 2 years now. No problems what so ever.

Coats are great and great health and vitality for all the dogs, young (5 months) to old (17.5).