Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So. County K. C./PRLRC Support/Health Certificate question

There has been much speculation about the recent news concerning Rhode Island cracking down on dogs entering their state and requiring a health certificate for show animals coming into RI. The president of So. County K. C. and Providence Co. K. C. recently met with the RI State Veterinarian. The clubs now feel it is very unlikely that there will be a problem at the upcoming shows in regard to having to present a health certificate from your home state. The feeling is that the whole episode that triggered this alarm, was blown way out of proportion, and it was in regard to cats specically, and not dogs. The reason being that some cat breeds apparently have wild cat in their pedigrees. There have been a few dog shows held since that news report, and there has been no issue with inspectors arriving at the shows.
I was told that all exhibitors should however have on hand, for each dog that you are transporting/showing, an up-to-date Rabies/ vaccination record, with animal ID (microchip/tat #) and the dog should be free of contagious disease, obviously. Please pass the word to your friends who may have been concerned about this issue.
South County is excited to welcome all the Labrador exhibitors to their show and are going out of their way to make this show a fun event for everyone.

Re: So. County K. C./PRLRC Support/Health Certificate question

Claire White-Peterson
very unlikely

I would go if there was a public letter published by the RI state vet. Otherwise, I'm afraid "very unlikely" is not good enough. So sorry.