Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did I miss an issue of LQ?

Hello. The last issue I received of LQ from Hoflin, was dated Fall 2012. I have received the new issue from the new publisher, which is dated Spring 2013. Did either Hoflin or the new publisher put out a Winter 2012 issue that I missed?

Thanks for your anticipated reply.

Re: Did I miss an issue of LQ?

Look again. The current issue of LQ says Winter 2012-2013 - Spring 2013 on the cover and Winter 2012-Spring 2013 on the spine. So it does not seem as though you have missed an issue.

Is it me or does the latest LQ seem rather lacking in pages?

umm
Is it me or does the latest LQ seem rather lacking in pages?

surprised to see how small this issue was, cant believe it

New owner of LQ will have a booth at Potomac. Go talk to her with suggestions.

It reminds my of my old copies of the LQ from the early 80's - they were all this size. If people don't contribute though, it is hard to have much in there.

Yes, it is smaller but of a very nice quality. Once breeders know who the new publisher is, there will probably be more ads.

Love the article about Liz Martin and Windy!!!

So, does this mean that we are paying for 4 LQ, and we are only going to receive 3 and at least the one we already have is going to be not really worth the money???

The quality is much improved, beautiful magazine but I couldn't believe how small it was too.

Re: Start of a new Era for LQ!

Once people see how well done this issue is I think more breeders will place ads in the issues to come. Taking over the magazine from Hoflin after his death wasn't an easy task.
Jean was so helpful and easy to work with, her layout of my ad is wonderful- she literally read my mind and even came up with one of my favorite colors for the backround with just my description of the color. I'm also thrilled that it will remain the bound version like it used to be long ago instead of stapled.