Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carefresh Pet Bedding

Anyone use carefresh pet bedding in a potty box?
Is it like pine pellets?
Does it get dusty like pine pellets when it breaks down?

Re: Carefresh Pet Bedding

We've not tried this. We had to use stove pellets for bedding as Tractor Supply near us was out of pine pellets. The hardwood stove pellets end up being cheaper and we need less of them and they have a lot less dust and less mess so we've stuck with them. I am wondering though if they'll be available mid summer.

That's interesting. Are they as safe as pine pellets? If they are less dusty I would like to try them. The pine pellets make as much a mess as wood shavings IMO and dusty isn't really the word for it, it breaks down into sawdust and the puppies track it everywhere. I think carefresh is made from a by-product of the paper industry, sounds like it might be less messy, less tracking around.

Are stove pellets paper like? I'm going to ask about them the next time I'm in TSC.

Pooh
That's interesting. Are they as safe as pine pellets? If they are less dusty I would like to try them. The pine pellets make as much a mess as wood shavings IMO and dusty isn't really the word for it, it breaks down into sawdust and the puppies track it everywhere. I think carefresh is made from a by-product of the paper industry, sounds like it might be less messy, less tracking around.

Are stove pellets paper like? I'm going to ask about them the next time I'm in TSC.

I wondered about safety also when my teen brought them home but I've now used them for quite awhile without any issue. Definitely less messy than pine. Maybe some other reader knows more about the safety, I've not had an issue at all.